• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:57:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 772
Total: 772

Hmmmmm

Started by EdKaz, October 18, 2014, 03:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Wheres that genetics guru of ours?

So I got me my new glasses last week, and today Im looking real hard at a BUNCH of breeder size/adult fish Ive grown from birth here, wanting to sort through and keep just a few of the MANY Koi angelfish I have and get rid of the rest.

Is amazing at how much clearer I can see with these new spectacles........and embarassing both......I think.

Anyways back to the greek speak thing......as Im looking over these "koi", Im seeing BLUE squares/spots (striations?) in some of the dorsal fins. ???

I was under the impression that KOI angelfish and their double dose of stripeless,  eliminated such markings in their fins?

HELP ME MR WIZARD!!!!

Have I been raising and breeding "real" koi?.......should I just get rid of all the high coverage deep colored "gold marbles"? Ive been raising?..............and or STOP drinking coffee made with the same water tap water these fish are swimmin in?

Mugwump

Quote from: EdKaz on October 18, 2014, 03:31:38 PM

So I got me my new glasses last week, and today Im looking real hard at a BUNCH of breeder size/adult fish Ive grown from birth here, wanting to sort through and keep just a few of the MANY Koi angelfish I have and get rid of the rest.

Is amazing at how much clearer I can see with these new spectacles........and embarassing both......I think.

Anyways back to the greek speak thing......as Im looking over these "koi", Im seeing BLUE squares/spots (striations?) in some of the dorsal fins. ???

I was under the impression that KOI angelfish and their double dose of stripeless,  eliminated such markings in their fins?

HELP ME MR WIZARD!!!!

Have I been raising and breeding "real" koi?.......should I just get rid of all the high coverage deep colored "gold marbles"? Ive been raising?..............and or STOP drinking coffee made with the same water tap water these fish are swimmin in?

The blue, and blue tint iridescence, is caused by the two doses of stripeless. With breeding for better coloring, and coverage, your Koi now are showing colors throughout the various 'extremities' (fins,etc yada yada)....you have some very good Koi lineage that you're working with....these color expressions are beginning to surface up now......which is fantastic..IMHO...congrats on the new specs, now you can fully enjoy your Angels..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ps....I may come down and help you sort through those... ;D.....especially any Koi veils....Looks like early this coming week, if you'll be around??....plus with your new vision enhancers, you'll be able to see how handsome that I really am.... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 18, 2014, 04:12:06 PM
Quote from: EdKaz on October 18, 2014, 03:31:38 PM

HELP ME MR WIZARD!!!!

The blue, and blue tint iridescence, is caused by the two doses of stripeless. With breeding for better coloring, and coverage, your Koi now are showing colors throughout the various 'extremities' (fins,etc yada yada)....you have some very good Koi lineage that you're working with....these color expressions are beginning to surface up now......which is fantastic..IMHO...congrats on the new specs, now you can fully enjoy your Angels..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ps....I may come down and help you sort through those... ;D.....especially any Koi veils....Looks like early this coming week, if you'll be around??....plus with your new vision enhancers, you'll be able to see how handsome that I really am.... :o

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.