• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 764
Total: 764

The Half Black Guy

Started by LizStreithorst, June 13, 2015, 09:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He just left with 3 unpaired adults and 9 mediums.  He didn't put as much money in the coffers as he did last time here was here but he sure helped.  He sure does like my fish.  He said that he'll be back.

One nice thing he said was that the HB male that I chose for my Blue Silver female was the best male of all the ones I have.  He said that I should put him in with the blue female until she spawns and after she does, move him in with another female.  I'll give it some thought but doing that somehow just isn't my style.

He sure is a strange guy.  His son is even stranger.  The son is the quietest guy I have ever met.  He doesn't say a word. His dad says that he's into LED lighting and water chemistry.  I have a feeling that he's a brain...a very introverted brain.  The father, on the other hand, is an extrovert.  Interesting people.

I asked what he treated with when he got the disease from some Angel Fish he bought in his travels.  He said that he doesn't believe in treating.  He believes that the strongest should survive and the weak ones should die.  Of the $600. worth of fish he bought from me when he was here last one, a $15. medium was the only survivor.  His way of doing doesn't seem logical to me.  If $585, worth of my fish were not strong enough to survive whatever it was he had, why would he come back and buy more fish with the same "weak" genetics?  A lot of very smart people are weird to the hilt.  I don't mind.  He's a very interesting guy...the kinda guy I'd like to spend 10 minutes inside his head to see what it's like in there...he thinks I breed good fish, and he has money in his pocket.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Some interesting folks for sure....lots of folks don't use med's....way more than you think.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 14, 2015, 06:14:50 AM
....lots of folks don't use med's....way more than you think.

Yep, unless you know for sure what the problem is, indiscriminate dosing is a slippery slope.....

http://www.petliferadio.com/aquariumaniaep14.html

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 14, 2015, 07:36:19 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 14, 2015, 06:14:50 AM
....lots of folks don't use med's....way more than you think.

Yep, unless you know for sure what the problem is, indiscriminate dosing is a slippery slope.....

http://www.petliferadio.com/aquariumaniaep14.html

Dennis

I've seen folks spend more for 'med's' than the fish that they're supposedly treating......doh  ???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...by the way...."half black man".....like this???

Jon

LizStreithorst

lol, If a guy like showed up at my door I wouldn't even have to ask what he was here for.  I'd take him straight to the fish room.

Mugwump

Jon

ilroost

LOL. she kept calling him half black so i was picturing a gray guy

LizStreithorst

This is so funny.  I never thought that I said anything that thought might have been considered rude.  This is, after all, in the Angel Fish section.  I'm the Half Black lady.  When I say half black, I'm talking about fish ::)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 14, 2015, 05:20:32 PM
This is so funny.  I never thought that I said anything that thought might have been considered rude.  This is, after all, in the Angel Fish section.  I'm the Half Black lady.  When I say half black, I'm talking about fish ::)

OK fine.... ;D
Jon