• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 768
Total: 768

The guy who bought $600. worth of HB's

Started by LizStreithorst, June 01, 2015, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He emailed me today and then we spoke on the phone.  The poor SOB.  He'd been all around the country buying Angels and as some point bought some that carried a dread disease.  Of all the fish he bought from me he had one survivor.  It wiped about almost all of his Angels.   He has Discus as well, and none of the Discus were affected at all.  Isn't that strange?

He thought that I wouldn't sell to him because he killed all my fish, silly man....I told him when he was here what I went through when I had the Discus plague.  He had all my sympathy.  I have about 40 juvie expressing HB's as well as my old timers.  He wants to visit in 12 days and buy some.  I guess I need to separate my keepers which will be the best from the spawn that turned before they were dime size.  He will buy up everything if I let him ::)

He never sent a fish off to the U of Fl to be diagnosed but he thinks that it was a bacterial thing. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 01, 2015, 01:14:15 PM
He emailed me today and then we spoke on the phone.  The poor SOB.  He'd been all around the country buying Angels and as some point bought some that carried a dread disease.  Of all the fish he bought from me he had one survivor.  It wiped about almost all of his Angels.   He has Discus as well, and none of the Discus were affected at all.  Isn't that strange?

He thought that I wouldn't sell to him because he killed all my fish, silly man....I told him when he was here what I went through when I had the Discus plague.  He had all my sympathy.  I have about 40 juvie expressing HB's as well as my old timers.  He wants to visit in 12 days and buy some.  I guess I need to separate my keepers which will be the best from the spawn that turned before they were dime size.  He will buy up everything if I let him ::)

He never sent a fish off to the U of Fl to be diagnosed but he thinks that it was a bacterial thing.

Well that stinks...but obviously when he was buying them all and bringing them home...he was tossing them together without quarantining them....sad...I wonder if he's some kind of broker??....where does he live?....far??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

He lives in Colorado but travels everywhere for work.  He wants to put his eyes on the fish he buys before he buys them.  He doesn't use a broker.  He uses word of mouth for suggestions as to whom to buy from.  I think that it was Willie who suggested he get with me for half blacks. 

He said that he would look for striped blues for me and DD blacks for George.  He knows fish.  I think he said that although he has taken some breaks he has been doing fish for 45 years.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 01, 2015, 02:04:14 PM
He lives in Colorado but travels everywhere for work.  He wants to put his eyes on the fish he buys before he buys them.  He doesn't use a broker.  He uses word of mouth for suggestions as to whom to buy from.  I think that it was Willie who suggested he get with me for half blacks. 

He said that he would look for striped blues for me and DD blacks for George.  He knows fish.  I think he said that although he has taken some breaks he has been doing fish for 45 years.

interesting....wish that we could travel more....a hatchery tour of the states would be awesome.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

His youngest son is into fish and cares for them while he's on the road.   

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 01, 2015, 02:16:44 PM
His youngest son is into fish and cares for them while he's on the road.   

....bring em up right....great
Jon