• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 770
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 766
Total: 766

The wrong person won my auction

Started by LizStreithorst, November 29, 2014, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've seen pairs raise after never having even coming close to doing it for about a year......then boomba, you look in there and realize that those moving things are actually fry....LOL....and how they never got sucked up in a water change is the second miracle....LOL

congrats...now they should just get better and better at it......try lower lighting and float some duckweed or something else natural that the parents can lead the fry to for food.....Albinos can be parent raised by the right parents....Dave Ramirez has been doing it for years...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I had to tell my favorite buyer that the pair he bought ate their wigglers.  When he agreed that I not risk shipping until after the first week in Jan he asked for updates.  I told him about how the parents had moved them from one part of the "cone" to another to another.  They moved their wigglers from the shaft, to under the head, to the top of the head.  He took it in stride.  He said that it sounded like they would be good parents.  I believe that they will be.  I feel it.  It just didn't happen on their first try.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 06, 2014, 07:56:08 PM
I had to tell my favorite buyer that the pair he bought ate their wigglers.  When he agreed that I not risk shipping until after the first week in Jan he asked for updates.  I told him about how the parents had moved them from one part of the "cone" to another to another.  They moved their wigglers from the shaft, to under the head, to the top of the head.  He took it in stride.  He said that it sounded like they would be good parents.  I believe that they will be.  I feel it.  It just didn't happen on their first try.

They'll get better, sounds like their instincts are strong in them.....I'm surprised that he didn't bust out laughing at your description....LOL.....I did... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   now you may need to send him one of those "cones"  too.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm sure he did bust out laughing when he read it, but he is a gentleman with an appreciation of a strange sense of humor.  He came from an auction of mine he lost on Aquabid.  Who'd have figured?

LizStreithorst

They pair put down another huge spawn this afternoon.  The guy who will be getting these is the real Josh in IL who is not our Josh :-[  Marshall Martin is the full name of the kid who sent me the nice blue marbles :-[

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 09, 2014, 05:56:05 PM
They pair put down another huge spawn this afternoon.  The guy who will be getting these is the real Josh in IL who is not our Josh :-[  Marshall Martin is the full name of the kid who sent me the nice blue marbles :-[

JC (Josh) is getting them???..
Jon

LizStreithorst

No, another Josh in IL.  His name is Joshua Raatz.  Please don't confuse me any more that I am naturally confused :P 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 09, 2014, 06:10:19 PM
No, another Josh in IL.  His name is Joshua Raatz.  Please don't confuse me any more that I am naturally confused :P

I think I know him, his Dad is John, and he was a Chicago cop....John's a great guy too.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I would like to know if this is the same guy.  I don't want to ask him if his dad is Jon, a retired Chicago cop.  The poor dear has already had to deal with my "cone" and the moving of the wigglers from place to place.  I don't want to ask, "who's your daddy?")  He might think that I'm a stalker :-[ ;D

This this guy is very good.  He trusts me.  I don't know why.  I was delighted to be able to tell him that his pair has another huge bunch of eggs.  Things will go better with his fish this time.  I feel it.  I want so much to send him a pic of his pair with a multitude of fry swimming around them.

Mugwump

I understand completely....then again, I might be thinking of someone else, without seeing him, etc...
Jon