• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 08:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 742
Total: 743

The wrong person won my auction

Started by LizStreithorst, November 29, 2014, 08:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I wanted this pair to go to a certain guy because he met my reserve several days early.  He and I thought that they were his, but then someone bought them for a lousy dollar more.  I promised to make it good with the guy that lost.  He wanted the fish so much.  I told him that I just separated a nice pair who wants to spawn on a cone. I moved them and their breeding surface of choice to a 29.

I didn't tell the poor dear that the "cone" they  will spawn on a penis.  I told him that if they spawned on the cone they'd selected I couldn't post them forsale on Aquabid because my sense of humor wouldn't be embraced there :-[ :-[ :-[ :- I'll  send him pics when the pair does the deed.  Either he'll buy the pair or not.  I hope he does. If not, next time I'll give them a normal cone to spawn on and sell them the Aquabid way :)

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't have a good feeling about shipping this par to the buyer.  His feedback is good but he has bid the minimum bid on some of my pairs up until now and never met the reserve.  I'm not crazy about the tone of the correspondence either.  It's all business with this buyer.  I guess that's OK.

The good thing is that this pair will be going to FL so I can use a C rate box rather than a Hansie box.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

You just never know.....  I've made some friendships and met lots of great folks selling fish on Aqua-Bid.   ;D

Dennis

Rjb3

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 30, 2014, 08:02:10 AM
You just never know.....  I've made some friendships and met lots of great folks selling fish on Aqua-Bid.   ;D

Dennis

Me, too.

ghonk

Hey,if the other guy would have bid more he would have won.
You never know,the winner may have bid $50 more then he ended up getting them for.

LizStreithorst

Well, the guy wasn't offended by my pic of the pair guarding a whole ton of eggs.  He's more interested in if the parents are caring for the eggs, which they are, but it's early yet.

ghonk

I only have one pair,and they eat the wigglers as they hatch  every time,like it's their job.
Wouldn't want those  wigglers getting at those unhatched eggs.You would think they MIGHT figure it out after the 10th time.

LizStreithorst

Some pairs are born stupid and stay stupid their entire lives. 

This guy not only bought the new pair, but will wait for me to ship next Monday so I can see if they'll parent raise.  He loved the cone and asked if I'd sell him one ;D ;D ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 30, 2014, 04:30:51 PM
Some pairs are born stupid and stay stupid their entire lives. 

This guy not only bought the new pair, but will wait for me to ship next Monday so I can see if they'll parent raise.  He loved the cone and asked if I'd sell him one ;D ;D ;D

LOL....Barb will have a steady market for them if folks keeping seeing them with your pairs....LOL
.......'pagan cones' for the discretionary breeder...LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

If you have the money, I have the clay!
Barb

ghonk

My pair must have heard you call them stupid Liz,they DIDN'T eat them as they hatched this time.
But moved them to another slate,since they are albinos i will have to pull  them anyway once it's time to feed them.
But this will make it a little easier.

I'm debating just leaving them,they would all die but at least the pair could practice raising them for a few more days.
And maybe they won't eat them in the future. 

LizStreithorst

I'm delighted for you.  Your pairs weren't stupid, just a little slow.  Congrats and best of luck with them!