• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

The PS Blue Clowns

Started by LizStreithorst, January 27, 2017, 08:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The four have finally paired in the 29.  The better male and better female paired.  I have found over the years that the best fish will find the other best fish and they pair and the second best make do with each other.  Has anyone else noticed this?

You should see this male.  These are Wi Fi's and unless I'm mistaken they're supposed to have streamers growing out of their dorsal fins.  All four of these fish have streamers but the best male has really nice streamers.  He likes showing them off, too.

Tomorrow I'll take a pair that I'm disgusted with to the "happy hunting ground" and give the excellent pair a love nest of their own.  I sure do hope that they're smart enough to raise their own kids.  I like them a lot but I don't know that I like them enough to pull their cone and put it in a little tank.  I've done it.  I got good results, but there was little joy in it for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2017, 08:44:47 PM
The four have finally paired in the 29.  The better male and better female paired.  I have found over the years that the best fish will find the other best fish and they pair and the second best make do with each other.  Has anyone else noticed this?

You should see this male.  These are Wi Fi's and unless I'm mistaken they're supposed to have streamers growing out of their dorsal fins.  All four of these fish have streamers but the best male has really nice streamers.  He likes showing them off, too.

Tomorrow I'll take a pair that I'm disgusted with to the "happy hunting ground" and give the excellent pair a love nest of their own.  I sure do hope that they're smart enough to raise their own kids.  I like them a lot but I don't know that I like them enough to pull their cone and put it in a little tank.  I've done it.  I got good results, but there was little joy in it for me.

...good luck with the pair......why not sell off the other pair?... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 27, 2017, 08:44:47 PM
I have found over the years that the best fish will find the other best fish and they pair and the second best make do with each other.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I have noticed the same thing Liz.  I also believe that the fish are often better qualified as to which is actually the best pairing despite my own personal choices.  LOL

Dennis