• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 567
Total: 567

Saturday done--->

Started by Mugwump, November 25, 2017, 02:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Saturday errands and such are now done.....the coed's back from grabbing pics at the 'Ellwood House'..they have a small, but beautiful, planted conservatory...
http://www.ellwoodhouse.org/

which is near the 'Joseph_F._Glidden_House'...property...
Joseph Glidden was the inventor of barbed wire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_F._Glidden_House

...anyway...we're settled in now for the rest of the day....fresh pot of coffee brewing... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

A bit of work.  I did one paying customer, my neighbor's daughter's dog, and gave my poor chronic skin fungus her medicated bath.  The poor little thing is miserable with her skin.  I need to start doing it 3 times a week.  She has always had a poor immune system and now that she's old it's failing badly.  She not miserable after her medicated bath.  I feel so sorry for her...

I came home and finally got to putting the color coat on the chicken house.  I did all the trim and the bottom 1/3 in sage green.  It's gonna need a second coat but I have enough paint left to second coat it.  I'll do the top 2/3rds in a lighter shade of the same color.  It's gonna look great.

My neighbor came down to mow with his fancy mower.  The grass didn't need mowing but the way he mowed blew all the leaves out of the lawn so it looks like a respectable person lives here now.  We sat on the swing  in front of the chicken house a while and had a beer and an excellent chat.  He said about the chicken house that he might need that building, that he will come get it ;)  I said, "You'd better bring your gun." 

My mama hen has just one baby left and she neglects it.  The chick is a survivor, though.  It has gotten over panicking every time mama leaves it with out calling for it to come along.  The chick finds a safe place and waits.  She lives a dangerous life what with being a free range chick with a neglectful mother.  She has started to trust me some, but not too much.  I don't want to have a pet chicken but if this chick survives another week and needs less help making a place for herself in the flock, I will give her a name.   

Sorry, I blathered on...I guess I was feeling chatty.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...post some pics when you get done painting..... |^|

....poor little 'Nomad'.....I hope the chick does well.... :)

I feel for the pup....we had a dog, Corkie,  that had allergies in around the eyes....we used a boric acid solution to clean him up..it worked well until we could get a good frost to relieve him of the misery..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson