• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 07:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 538
Total: 538

Tuesday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, February 23, 2016, 05:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Chuck is my favorite cut, too.

I only had 3 dogs today so I'm home early.  I did drive the Beast into town.  I left Charlotte by the road.  With the bad weather having moved to southwest Mississippi, after I put the Beast in the I walked  back up and rescued Charlotte.  Both are in the carport now.  It won't save them from a tornado but it will save them from hail.  All I have on both is liability and uninsured driver.  I wonder if Charlotte qualifies for special insurance for antique cars?  There's a place in Ellisville that sells it.  There are a lot of really beautifully restored old cars in my little area.  Charlotte is not that, but my heart would be broken if she were to be blown away in a tornado.  I'll have to inquire.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

How lovely.  The entire state is now under a tornado watch.  It's not bad here yet.  Winds are still, just rain and thunder.  I'm generally not afraid of weather, but this storm worries me.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2016, 02:24:36 PM
How lovely.  The entire state is now under a tornado watch.  It's not bad here yet.  Winds are still, just rain and thunder.  I'm generally not afraid of weather, but this storm worries me.

....get the generator ready and prepped....you'll be fine... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2016, 02:32:33 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2016, 02:24:36 PM

....get the generator ready and prepped....you'll be fine... |^|

Wishing you well Liz. Hopefully it misses you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Don't worry about me, Willie.  Liz Streithorst is indistructable :P  We have all these severe thunderstorm and tornado warning's just south of me but here just rain and thunder.  The winds were nill until just now when I looked out the window and saw a few trees swaying.  These bad storms are so hit and miss.  Lots of people will have bad damage.  I think that this Feb, will go down in history for destructive weather.

wsantia1

Well the fishroom is finally put to sleep. All water changes done with tank wipe downs and a bunch of sponges squeezed. I also pulled a nice size Blue Marble spawn. I've been waiting for it a while so I couldn't resist. The pair will be on their own now. My sibling Plats spawned too but they just do it for pleasure. Their fry will never survive it the tank they are in. Hopefully I can get rid of them soon. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I changed water and dosed prazi according to the cloudyness if the water, Young grow outs and Discus got flopping on the bottom WC whether they needed it or not.  All I have left to do is eat.