• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 02:09:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 510
Total: 511

Tuesday's coffee...

Started by Mugwump, February 23, 2016, 05:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and a fine cup it is too.. ;D |^| ;D    mid 40's today, it'll be nice if there is some sun with that too...

..just putz'n today....that's all... |^|   well that's the plan anyway.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great but we are going to have crappy weather today. In a little while it will start raining and with the temp high at 42 it's going to be that cold rain that makes it miserable for me and the dog. ::)

Big time water changes and tank wipe downs in store today. I need to cut down the feedings and turn the lights down on a couple of my more mature (Fish) tanks. A couple of them have that hard encrusted algae on the glass that looked good at first but not so much now.  huh

I will probably fire up my big diatom filter for the first time too. I have a feeling that the mess I am going to make will be too much for my hot mags or the 2 little Diatomagic filters that I have. :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2016, 06:34:33 AM
Coffee is great but we are going to have crappy weather today. In a little while it will start raining and with the temp high at 42 it's going to be that cold rain that makes it miserable for me and the dog. ::)

Big time water changes and tank wipe downs in store today. I need to cut down the feedings and turn the lights down on a couple of my more mature (Fish) tanks. A couple of them have that hard encrusted algae on the glass that looked good at first but not so much now.  huh

I will probably fire up my big diatom filter for the first time too. I have a feeling that the mess I am going to make will be too much for my hot mags or the 2 little Diatomagic filters that I have. :-\

...ya now, I kinda like those cool rainy spring days sometimes.....they are real good for gazing out the window, drinking a nice hot cup of coffee...and just reflecting on life in general......daydreaming ...

..ya gotta love those Diatoms....what a great filter.... |^|

so pop on some Miles in the fish room and putz away.......don't forget a fresh pot tho.. ;D

Pot #2 now for us...MMMmmmmm
Jon

Barb

Mornin Jon and Willie, bad storms headed our way for tomorrow.  They are with Liz now.  I fear high wind so much.  My fish are all good though...
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2016, 06:48:47 AM

...ya now, I kinda like those cool rainy spring days sometimes.....they are real good for gazing out the window, drinking a nice hot cup of coffee...and just reflecting on life in general......daydreaming ...

so pop on some Miles in the fish room and putz away.......don't forget a fresh pot tho.. ;D

I'll be down there early today. I am glad I have a desk top down there now. I can play the music and check out the web while I am doing the water changes. Well maybe not the web. I may cause another flood. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2016, 06:59:20 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2016, 06:48:47 AM

I'll be down there early today. I am glad I have a desk top down there now. I can play the music and check out the web while I am doing the water changes. Well maybe not the web. I may cause another flood. lol

LOL.......tub & tank over flows are part of fun..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 23, 2016, 06:54:20 AM
Mornin Jon and Willie, bad storms headed our way for tomorrow.  They are with Liz now.  I fear high wind so much.  My fish are all good though...
Barb

..Barb and Liz....hunker down and be safe.....nasty stuff out there...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I consider it a great success when I don't have at least one flood.  Coffee's excellent this morning.  I always make it the same way.  Why is it better some days than others?

Had planned to drive the Beast to work today but we're under a wind advisory all day.  It would be a hell of a note if a gust blew him over while we were driving back and forth.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2016, 07:08:42 AM
I consider it a great success when I don't have at least one flood.  Coffee's excellent this morning.  I always make it the same way.  Why is it better some days than others?

Had planned to drive the Beast to work today but we're under a wind advisory all day.  It would be a hell of a note if a gust blew him over while we were driving back and forth.

...watch yourself....be safe....there'll be lots of branches, etc coming down while nature does it's pruning...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Strange this is, there's not a breath of a breeze out right now.  The radio keeps talking about winds, hail, and tornadoes.  You'd never know it by the way it is now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 23, 2016, 07:22:22 AM
Strange this is, there's not a breath of a breeze out right now.  The radio keeps talking about winds, hail, and tornadoes.  You'd never know it by the way it is now.

..it shows most of your storm still moving through Louisiana....
Jon

Mugwump

...LOL....46 today............1-3" of snow  tomorrow.... |^|.....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2016, 07:03:54 AM

"Half time". The only overflow or leak so far came from the drain pump. Not too bad but enough that I had to get out the mop & pail.

I will go back to it in a little while. Have to walk the dog and I have a small chuck roast in the oven.  I can even smell it in the basement.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 23, 2016, 12:34:53 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 23, 2016, 07:03:54 AM

"Half time". The only overflow or leak so far came from the drain pump. Not too bad but enough that I had to get out the mop & pail.

I will go back to it in a little while. Have to walk the dog and I have a small chuck roast in the oven.  I can even smell it in the basement.

Chuck roast, Pot roast, Grd Chuck for burgers......my favorite cut of meat by far....... |^| w!w |^|
Jon