• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 04:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 513
Total: 513

Monday...

Started by Mugwump, February 22, 2016, 05:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good...MMmmm....cooler waether has settled in again...but not the terrible cold stuff...

..some early putz'n, then off to Rockford to check out the swap venue.... |^|

..now?....time for more coffee, of course  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...Pot #2.....is fantastic.... |^|   
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

On my second cup from pot # 1. It is reaaly good too. Another great day on tap here with temps in the 50s and light winds with plenty of sunshine. We will get rained in tomorrow. Surely signs of Spring. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

I'll probably only do WCs on the Altum and fry tanks today so I can enjoy the rest of it outside. That is all dependent on how the other tanks are though. :-\
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Morn'n Willie.....yep the early signs of spring are starting to show up now......but still had a good frost here last night... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had 2 cups this morning and I'm still having a hard time getting my arse in gear.  It's going to start raining today and continue for 3 days.  I think I'll skip Charlotte's bath and just do her inside.  Thank goodness the only other stuff I have to do is cooking and house cleaning.  I'll feel better once I start moving.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 22, 2016, 06:49:03 AM

I'll probably only do WCs on the Altum and fry tanks today so I can enjoy the rest of it outside. That is all dependent on how the other tanks are though. :-\

Well now I will probably have to do all of the tanks because I was way too heavy handed with the morning feedings. huh

The good news is I will have Koi wigglers by this afternoon/evening.There are lots of them too. ;D ;D ;D

Good thing I will be able to sell some Plat youngsters to the LFS by the end of the week and perhaps maybe ship out some more in the next week or two, weather permitting. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Morning all, I will call later on today Liz and see how you are doing.  I bet you dreamed of beautiful discus all night? 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Yep...all night long...several different dreams about these some crazy and one concerning a worry of mine...that all 4 are males.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 22, 2016, 09:09:41 AM
Yep...all night long...several different dreams about these some crazy and one concerning a worry of mine...that all 4 are males.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL......there's gotta be one male....I know it.. |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

My fear is that they are all male.  With Discus sometimes it's easy to tell the difference in sex but not always.  All the smart people at the first NADA agreed with me that the fish I bought was a male.  We all knew the things to look for and we were all wrong.  From what I see in the pics they all look more male than female to me.  If it turns out to be so it will be a cruel joke.  I didn't do this so I would have beautiful fish to look at.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 22, 2016, 12:52:01 PM
My fear is that they are all male.  With Discus sometimes it's easy to tell the difference in sex but not always.  All the smart people at the first NADA agreed with me that the fish I bought was a male.  We all knew the things to look for and we were all wrong.  From what I see in the pics they all look more male than female to me.  If it turns out to be so it will be a cruel joke.  I didn't do this so I would have beautiful fish to look at.

Mssg them and inquire about it.....they might try to make sure for you....or at least try to..
Jon

LizStreithorst

I paid this morning (I had to check my bank account first to see how much cash I would have to put in to make sure that I wouldn't be bouncing checks)  Al has contacted Ryan , the  importer.  I have not yet heard back from him.  I will say, "please don't tell me that you think they are all males".