• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 10:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

Saturdays coffee....

Started by Mugwump, February 20, 2016, 05:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is great this morn'n.....another mid 50 day, but without the 'hellashish' winds....just sunny and warm.. ;D ..

we'll need to pick up the yard a bit and give the place a once over for possible damage...that wind did blow the trellis away from the blackberry vines, so we'll have to get that squared away ....not much trash here despite all of it that blew up the street...yesterday was trash pick up day, and yup..there were more than a few cans blown over...

...but first some fry water changes and putz'n in the fish room ....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

we're on Pot #2 already.....coffee is sooooo good... |^| ;D |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Just started pot # 1. Been getting good sleep lately so I have been taking advantage of it. ;D ;D ;D Going up into the 60s today but with some wind. Not the kind of wind that was in Chicagoland yesterday though.

Going to do WCs on fry and Altum tanks today. The rest will wait until tomorrow. I also have to freshen up some worm cultures.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 20, 2016, 06:20:25 AM
Just started pot # 1. Been getting good sleep lately so I have been taking advantage of it. ;D ;D ;D Going up into the 60s today but with some wind. Not the kind of wind that was in Chicagoland yesterday though.

Going to do WCs on fry and Altum tanks today. The rest will wait until tomorrow. I also have to freshen up some worm cultures.

...If it ever gets close to 60 again here, I'll have the fish room wide open and air it out really good....that always sets off a few pairs too.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 20, 2016, 06:27:58 AM

...If it ever gets close to 60 again here, I'll have the fish room wide open and air it out really good....that always sets off a few pairs too.... ;D

The Koi pair that I recently fattened up spit out a nice size spawn yesterday. Only a couple of whities so far. I don't trust them anymore though. Decisions. decisions.  huh lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 20, 2016, 06:48:42 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 20, 2016, 06:27:58 AM

The Koi pair that I recently fattened up spit out a nice size spawn yesterday. Only a couple of whities so far. I don't trust them anymore though. Decisions. decisions.  huh lol

If they pop nice offspring, pull and cull down to perhaps 20 of the very best for futures?....hopefully some sweet females |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Morning guys!  Woke up early again today but not quite as early as yesterday.  Looks like cloudy and hi of 51 here today. Looking for that sun to pop out some on Monday. Rain tomorrow.

We have 18 tables committed for the swap tomorrow. That will cover the room rent for me!   I've got a lot of old but good stuff I'm clearing out. It doesn't get used any more since I've downsized. Besides, if I need it in the future, there'll be more swaps and the club auctions too!

Also have a listing appointment to go to today at 10AM. Then work on swap stuff.

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

..55 and sunny here.......light winds....beautiful day... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

75 mostly cloudy and breezes from the south here.  Beautiful day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

We made it to 63 here. It was sunny with a light to moderate breeze. Downright beautiful day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

My first daffodil just bloomed this afternoon ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 20, 2016, 04:31:12 PM
My first daffodil just bloomed this afternoon ;D

cool..... |^|...we have ground sprouts of a few things....just think March is only a couple weeks away now......
Jon

wsantia1

I had to do all my water changes today because my lady friend ( Vikki ) decided that we had something to do tomorrow. What that is I don't know.  ::)

I managed to do all the tanks, move a pair of Blue Marbles into a breeding tank and pull a Koi spawn while cleaning up the big mess I made by taking my eyes off of the hose filling up a 55. I only spilled 2.5 gallons but some of it got on my carpet strips so I had to pull them off the floor and put them out on the deck until they dry.  huh

I am now tired but still have to clean the blackworms and feed everything.  :o
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 20, 2016, 05:13:09 PM

I had to do all my water changes today because my lady friend ( Vikki ) decided that we had something to do tomorrow. What that is I don't know.  ::)

I managed to do all the tanks, move a pair of Blue Marbles into a breeding tank and pull a Koi spawn while cleaning up the big mess I made by taking my eyes off of the hose filling up a 55. I only spilled 2.5 gallons but some of it got on my carpet strips so I had to pull them off the floor and put them out on the deck until they dry.  huh

I am now tired but still have to clean the blackworms and feed everything.  :o

...you did good.. w!w...last water we 'only' over filled the big tube once....LOL....but it sure wasn't 2.5 gal.....LOL   

=;-)...time throttle it back, bro...
Jon