• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 07:58:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

Vermeer and Kubrick

Started by BillT, February 14, 2016, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Here is a little comic about Vermeer (and Kubrik) concerning how Vermeer made his paintings.
Quotehttp://nautil.us/issue/18/genius/the-art-of-painting

I like it because it reminds me of one of the more interesting movies I have seen in the last few years (it has been called the ultimate geek documentary): Tim's Vermeer:

LizStreithorst

Bill, IMHO, this is the best thing you have ever posted.  It's a melding of technology with art.  Thanks.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

Mugwump

It's interesting to know that Penn and Teller were in this project.....Penn producing, and Teller directing....actually Teller said they all three went in on this when they couldn't get much backing for the film...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

WOW, wore me out just watching the film.  What a bunch of work and dedication.

Dennis