• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 12:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 519
Total: 519

Swap Meet

Started by JR, February 12, 2016, 07:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Going to  my first swap meet tomorrow. Can't wait. My brother is taking me for my birthday. can't see street signs anymore never been to Love land b4. So I need a seeing eye dog so that would be my brother.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 12, 2016, 07:58:05 AM
Going to  my first swap meet tomorrow. Can't wait. My brother is taking me for my birthday. can't see street signs anymore never been to Love land b4. So I need a seeing eye dog so that would be my brother.

Have a great day...Dennis, Bob, and Gale will be there too...get some pics of the everybody, and the swap.....I hope the fish hunt'n is good... ;D...score some deals.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That will just be Bob and Gale.  I gave my table to a couple of fellows from my local club.....

Here's the table layout.  I had a prime spot right in the center of the room too.   ???

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Shame you couldn't make it, Dennis.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

So how was the swap?......Bob and Gale are great folks.... |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I enjoyed myself. The place was packed. Talked to Bob and Gale for a little bit. Got me some algae wafers, Live worm culture and #40 The fry went nuts. The BNs  love the wafers and the rest of the fish tore up the 40. Bob has great food. They are good folks. Got enough plants to do another 75. Mark has the best plants I have seen in a long time very happy with them.

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 13, 2016, 06:46:56 PM
I enjoyed myself. The place was packed. Talked to Bob and Gale for a little bit. Got me some algae wafers, Live worm culture and #40 The fry went nuts. The BNs  love the wafers and the rest of the fish tore up the 40. Bob has great food. They are good folks. Got enough plants to do another 75. Mark has the best plants I have seen in a long time very happy with them.

It's good to hear that the swap was a good one..best of all that you got together with Bob and Gale.. |^|..Bob's foods rock!!...and #40 is amazing, as are all Bob's foods....
..and yes, Mark has great plants at good prices...ships cheap too....you'll go back to them both many times for more....yeppers.. ;D |^| ;D

I hope you folks got some pics???
Jon

JR

Bob has the best substrate I have used. I had a 125 I set up with his substrate and another 125 with Eco-complete and co2. Bobs substrate did much better than the Eco-complete. Bobs thank had no co2. This summer I'm setting up my 180 and 150 show tanks up. I'm going to make them look like a jungle. I will be ordering my substrate  from Bob and my plants from Mark. 

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on February 13, 2016, 07:37:02 PM
Bob has the best substrate I have used. I had a 125 I set up with his substrate and another 125 with Eco-complete and co2. Bobs substrate did much better than the Eco-complete. Bobs thank had no co2. This summer I'm setting up my 180 and 150 show tanks up. I'm going to make them look like a jungle. I will be ordering my substrate  from Bob and my plants from Mark.

Now that's a nice project...... |^| |^|
Jon

Rjb3

We're back from the swap road trip. What a rush. Lots of driving. Nice crowd. Great people. Maybe a speaking engagement. We're glad to be home though.

Mugwump

..you made it back just in time for the snow......LOL...I glad it was a good trip.. ;D...did ya get any pics??...
Jon

Rjb3

Actually, on the way down, we stopped driving about 30 miles away because it started to snow. Traffic went from 75 to 35 MPH. So, we stopped at a Super 8.

Gale took one pic. The pics I try to post are too big. I need to learn how to shrink them.

You would have loved that full room of people. The club treasurer , Barb, came by and thanked us for attending. We would have received the "Distance Award" if they had one. LOL   A few people had heard of us. That was nice to hear.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on February 14, 2016, 06:49:44 AM
Actually, on the way down, we stopped driving about 30 miles away because it started to snow. Traffic went from 75 to 35 MPH. So, we stopped at a Super 8.

Gale took one pic. The pics I try to post are too big. I need to learn how to shrink them.

You would have loved that full room of people. The club treasurer , Barb, came by and thanked us for attending. We would have received the "Distance Award" if they had one. LOL   A few people had heard of us. That was nice to hear.

I use 'slickpic' now....works great, and easy to use....uploads your pics right from your 'puter' and then post their provided link...plus being stored there means saving more room on your hard drive....and available to any computer that you get on.....handy..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2016, 06:55:47 AM

I use 'slickpic' now....works great, and easy to use....uploads your pics right from your 'puter' and then post their provided link...plus being stored there means saving more room on your hard drive....and available to any computer that you get on.....handy..

Are you able to resize right from there?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 14, 2016, 07:19:13 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 14, 2016, 06:55:47 AM

Are you able to resize right from there?

If you want...but they size it perfect for posting anyway....you won't need to resize... ;D

see....

Jon