• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 02:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 543
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 515
Total: 515

Wednesday's good coffee...

Started by Mugwump, February 10, 2016, 06:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...make that very good coffee... |^|     a balmy 7deg's outside, headed for about 14deg's for a high.....

A few errands and some more water changes today....then chill'n....too cold and windy to do much more outside....brrrr

..I think some fry will get relocated this morning....and I'll re-pair the Koi.....perhaps G'pa pa will take to the redder female?....we'll see...?
plus a couple more pairs need retiring ....it's time for a youth movement, and a fresh generation of fry...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2...MMMMmmmmm.......good morn'n folks......LOLOLOLOLOL.....time to wake up!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Up now. Coffee was very good too. We weathered the storm and only got 2 inches here. lol Hopefully some of this stoff will melt and evaporate before the temps plunge to 4 degrees on Saturday evening.

I need to re-pair some Koi and move some other fish around. I have a couple of 55s that are light on fish so I can move my unproductive Koi pair into one of those tanks. I will also move a pair of the Blue Marbles into their own tank since they are definitely ready.

My Pinoys (from Jon) are doing a lot of sparring so I will be keeping a close eye on them. A couple have really hit a growth spurt.

My Plat pair has been more than productive so I will now move them into a community tank until (and if) I feel the need to breed them again. They will live a good life there and their offspring can carry on.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 10, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
Up now. Coffee was very good too. We weathered the storm and only got 2 inches here. lol Hopefully some of this stoff will melt and evaporate before the temps plunge to 4 degrees on Saturday evening.

I need to re-pair some Koi and move some other fish around. I have a couple of 55s that are light on fish so I can move my unproductive Koi pair into one of those tanks. I will also move a pair of the Blue Marbles into their own tank since they are definitely ready.

My Pinoys (from Jon) are doing a lot of sparring so I will be keeping a close eye on them. A couple have really hit a growth spurt.

My Plat pair has been more than productive so I will now move them into a community tank until (and if) I feel the need to breed them again. They will live a good life there and their offspring can carry on.

I get those spurts with the Pinoy too. Their folks are thick and round, decent sized, but not huge....the fry are some growing, and some slow growing....I know the line isn't 'stretched' yet either..... huh

We're done with the snow except for some passing flurries, or something, but this dang cold has settled in big time.......brrrr......
Jon

Ron Sower

Arrgh!  Awake too early here!  >:(  Gotta open my eyes to find my way to the kitchen to make coffee.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I went out to gas up the Tahoe...$1.54/gal....I might be driving #3 son to the airport early in the morn'n....he's flying out to Denver for a job interview.. ;D

...dang it's cold...that wind bites!!!..........but...the sun's out   huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I fed Charlotte gas at the station I dropped Marth up at in Hattiesburg.  I drove her many miles since I got her home.  I'd  filled her up when her heart gave out.  She's gone a lot of miles since then.  Her gas gauge doesn't work and I will have to have her gas tank removed and fuel pump replaced to fix it.  They don't sell the little part that broke.  You have to buy the whole fuel pump!  I will do that when I'm feeling flush.  Still, when I gassed my lady up in Hattiesburg where.   I had to work hard to over fill her and fill my half empty 5 gallon gas container to spend up $18.41 of gas at $1.37 per gallon.  Can you imagine...a gallon of gas for $1.37?
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Yep, we have been living the dream around here too!

Dennis

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.