• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

I need Jan

Started by LizStreithorst, December 21, 2019, 04:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

There is nothing more wonderful than a fall apart tender post roast.  I have the way of making the sauce down (It makes me drool). I have the veggies down.  I like celery, potatoes, and wedges of sweet potatoes because I don't like cooked carrots.  The chuck roast in the pot is tough as leather.  I'm tired of it coming out tough.  I want it to come out like a really good pot roast.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

.*important *....select a roast with real good marbling...salt & pepper the chuck roast....toss in a roaster pan, .....one can of roasted stewed tomatoes on top.....cut up a large onion and put around the roast.....cut and smother it all in Idaho potatoes...My mom used a bay leaf here too.....I do sometimes... :)

..cover, and cook the roast at 350degs for a couple/few hours, whether it looks done or not, then reduce heat to 250degs, and then set the table, go to the can, feed the fish, fold the wash.....check your email, feed the chickens....yada yada.....come back grab the pan.....cut the meat and enjoy..... |^|......the roasted stewed tomatoes/onions are natural tenderizers..... w!w |^| w!w...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson