• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 747

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky

Started by LizStreithorst, September 22, 2014, 12:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The HB pearl scale pair that I like so much and are so very prolific laid again a few days ago.  I saw quite a few whities and next thing I knew the eggs were gone.  I was a bit surprised because the pair raised their first huge spawn perfectly. 

I did a WC on their tank last night and the pair did not appreciate my hand and the siphon hose one bit.  They acted like they had fry when I saw none, so I looked all over the 20 gallon tank which is set lengthwise.  They'd moved their their fry to the side of the tank which is painted and that I never see when I look at the tank straight on.

I wasn't distraught when I thought they'd eaten their kids because of tank space.  But it tickled me when I found out that they'd moved them to where I wouldn't see them.  This is my favorite pair.  Male is a standard, female is a veil, they're both ps, there are few deformities among the multitudes from their first spawn, and at pea size I see very few deformities among the multitudes from their first spawn.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Houdini learned his trade from angelfish ya know.... 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson