• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 21, 2024, 12:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 765
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Wefnesday again...

Started by Mugwump, February 27, 2019, 07:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a mix of crap is in the area til later this morn'n......blah....

.....better now.....sat on the love seat...keeled over and fell asleep.... huh.....that hour really helped.. :)....now to greet the world anew....LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It is an absolutely beautiful Spring day here.  The trees are all budding out, the birds are in the mood for love and singing their hearts out.  I groomed 2 dogs this morning and should have gone out and pruned the climbing rose, picked up fallen limbs and branches, putting them in Charlotte and taken them to the burn pile. I'm bad though.  I'm doing nothing but enjoying this perfect day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2019, 02:59:30 PM
It is an absolutely beautiful Spring day here.  The trees are all budding out, the birds are in the mood for love and singing their hearts out.  I groomed 2 dogs this morning and should have gone out and pruned the climbing rose, picked up fallen limbs and branches, putting them in Charlotte and taken them to the burn pile. I'm bad though.  I'm doing nothing but enjoying this perfect day.
...there is something totally wrong with this Judeo-Christian philosophy of guilt when one isn't always working...! huh
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Cloudy and chilly but still no wind. I feel Spring is upon us because I can see thickening on the tree branches in the distance.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 27, 2019, 03:03:12 PM
...there is something totally wrong with this Judeo-Christian philosophy of guilt when one isn't always working...! huh

You are absolutely right, Ron.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2019, 03:49:09 PM

...screw 'em......it's called retirement and any guilt has long left the building..... w!w |^| w!w....so there.... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

This is a Danish TV recording of Delaney & Bonnie & Friends performing. This is the rare complete recording in good quality. Note: The "Friends" is really the future Derek and the Dominos in the making.

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Many of the musicians in the Delaney/Bonnie band spun off and soon worked with Eric Clapton( debut album, and Derek & The Dominos), Joe Cocker (Mad Dogs and Englishmen), George Harrison (All Things Must Pass), and the horn players worked with The Rolling Stones (Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main Street, 1970-1973 tours), among others.
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 27, 2019, 04:52:33 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 27, 2019, 03:49:09 PM

...screw 'em......it's called retirement and any guilt has long left the building..... w!w |^| w!w....so there.... ;)
|^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BillT

There are lots of interesting stories about that group.
I have read Delaney got Eric Clapton to sing while playing guitar. He didn't do it before Delaney convinced him he could.
Bonnie, who later got divorced from Delaney when on to be a neighbor (as an actor) of the Conners in the Roseanne show and actual did some singing on one episode.

Mugwump

..Delanie, as he was born. was a musidal genius who never ran out of ideas......all those that played with his bands with him went away much better for the experience,,,,he taught George Harrison slide guitar too.....
Jon