• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:35:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 498
Total: 498

Time to move the multitudes.

Started by LizStreithorst, June 22, 2016, 05:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

These are next generation of Blue Silver crossed with a HB.  I tried getting Blue HBs from an earlier spawn from the same cross.  None turned.  I "iced" them a couple of weeks ago.  I thought I'd try again with the same pair and I have millions.  When I iced a bunch of fish I had room to move the millions from a 29 to a 65.  Poor things were so cramped in the 29.  Less than 2 weeks later the poor darlin's are cramped in a 65.  I've considered my alternatives.  I could fill the 100 gallon tank in the weakest part of a stand than wants to fall down.  I could set up an 150 gallon container for them outside.  I could ice them.  I could put them in with the Dots who are in a 150 gallon container outside.

Decisions decisions...I have decided to transfer them to the containers with the Dots.  I will need the 2 empty 150 gallon containers for more important fish when my stands are being rebuilt.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'm coming up a decision time too. I have a bunch of 'het' blue silver ghost veils growing out, some well, some not so good....I want the blue silvers/Pariabas.....but I don't need them all...I'll cull the worst...but still will have a few left.......I'll need the space soon enough with the Smokey leopards and Sta Isabel'Rio Negro fry coming up.....alas, ya can't keep em all...and no more tanks going up here....period
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson