• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 12:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 658
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 659
Total: 659

Sun. dinner?...breakfast

Started by Mugwump, December 13, 2015, 05:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Fried Chicken, Red Beans & Rice & 1/2 of a leftover pork chop. Delicious. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I couldn't wait any longer.  I was starving.  I had a ham and Swiss with Gulden's on not very good rye bread.  Buying a good bread is impossible down here,  My supermarket guys searched.  I even asked the regional manager.  Everything is delivered by Bimbo (it's the name of a company founded in Mexico and pronounced "beembo").  All they carry now is crap bread. 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 13, 2015, 06:37:39 PM
I couldn't wait any longer.  I was starving.  I had a ham and Swiss with Gulden's on not very good rye bread.  Buying a good bread is impossible down here,  My supermarket guys searched.  I even asked the regional manager.  Everything is delivered by Bimbo (it's the name of a company founded in Mexico and pronounced "beembo").  All they carry now is crap bread.

Until I moved to the Seattle I really hadn't had really good bread. Metro areas really have a lot more variety than Roanoke, VA.

Anybody remember Merita bread?  Is it still around?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

And there you have it!  Thanks, Liz!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

This is what my taste buds yearn for.  $9. a loaf plus shipping.  But like they say, a g0od loaf of Jewish rye is an endangered species these days.  https://www.zingermans.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=B-RYE

ilroost

Love rye bread, but like you said the stuff you buy at the store will do but....

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on December 13, 2015, 08:00:45 PM
Love rye bread, but like you said the stuff you buy at the store will do but....

...only one use for good rye bread.......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The stuff I can buy will not do.  That's why I want that dang $9.00 a loaf stuff.  I bet Manny's has good Rye bread, and good corned beer to boot.

Mugwump

..or Manny's Corned beef and Pastrami sandwich....MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jon