• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 10:35:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 787
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Friday, Christmas Eve

Started by Barb, December 24, 2021, 07:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning everybody!  Hope you all have a good day, doing whatever makes you happy.  I am taking my mom a special lunch, then a drive into the country a ways, then taking gifts to a favorite family in my neighborhood.  They have 4 kids under 8, just lost a grandparent, and have all been sick with the flu recently (well now).  I got the 3 girls each a nice stuffed animal, and the little boy some leggo type things meant for a 2 yr. old.  You all have a nice day today.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb and all the others in our little group later. 

I don't do much celebrating on Christmas.  This year I celebrated the Solstice by opening the gifts my good customer gave me.  I got an early gift from a Dr. on Simply who sent me some medical cannabis gifts yesterday.  I think that they are helping but 2 days is too early to judge for sure.  I did get a lot more walking around done yesterday than I'm generally able to but was still totally worn out by 7 in the evening.  Time will tell on the cannabis...

I saw that the automatic hen house door was not working last night and I didn't have any double A batteries.  I'm back from the Dollar Store now with batteries and Clorox.  I think that I was accidentally forgetting to buy it for 2 days in a row because I don't enjoy that job.  After it warms up just a bit.  I think that I'll end up spending most of the day watching the chicks get used to their new digs.  A rooster flew out yesterday and went for a stroll around the fish room before I cornered him and caught him.  Thanksgiving goes for walks around the rim of the container and even flies 4" from one side to the other.  She hasn't gone walking around the fish room yet, though.

Willie, have a good trip and enjoy yourself.  Ron, Greg, Dennis...please have a happy day before Christmas, too.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Happy Christmas Eve folks.

We have steady rain this morning at 57 and no sunshine!...just like the weatherman said last night...

I think Lucy said yesterday we need something else from the grocery store today, so that will be a morning  errand to avoid the afternoon crowds... when the snowbirds are here the stores get really crowded around holidays....then I believe we will be prepping so foods for tomorrow's  dinner...

Sometime today I should get some plants into the 20L I filled with substrate and water yesterday...then set up a filter...I'm not sure if I want an HOB or a sponge in it...I'll see what my Apisto coach says!...

My cereal was good this morning, but then, I always enjoy it...! Have a great day you guys!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Dang, I feel so good today.  I got the chicks moved.  It was quite a rodeo catching them and putting them in a box.  3 freaked out and jumped to the fish room.  One was Thanksgiving who can fly quite well and was on top of the meal worm culture where she had a great Christmas eve meal.  Then she flew to the tank stands and from their to the corner of the sofa.  I managed to snag her the first time by getting in a steady position not to close to freak her, moving my arm out very slowly, then keeping it still, and finally  going low and fast.  I got her by one leg.

I rollated them out to their new house, opened the box and sat and watch them get braver and braver in exploring.  I spent time and thought setting it up with intellectual chicken  thoughts and practicality in mind.  I used what I had and so far I like what I did.  After about an hour the chicks explored all the area I set off for them while leaving room to the entire chicken house for them to check out as they get braver.  I won't open the door to their coop until they are totally used to the whole chicken house and recognize it as their safe home.

It's getting overcast darn it.  I hope it's still warm enough out in the veggie garden without the sun.  I have the desire to go do some weeding.
Always move forward. Never look back.