• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 04:51:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

Been a Good Day

Started by JR, July 31, 2013, 07:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

My Grandson Jedidiah James Henson. Graduated From the United States Marine Corps today. He made Honor Man of his platoon just like his granddad. I am so proud of that young man. It has been 35 year since I had been to Parris Island. It felt so good. We hopped a plane there and back Patty is so tired. Just a great Day.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

ilroost

Mugwump

A 'jar head' ??.... ;D...congrats, you have a right to be proud...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Congratulations.  Semper Fi .
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Thank you all. one of the best times of my life was when I was in the Marines. It made me the man I am now. I hope it does the same for Jedidiah
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

Scott

PaulineMi

Quote from: JR on July 31, 2013, 09:18:28 PM
Thank you all. one of the best times of my life was when I was in the Marines. It made me the man I am now. I hope it does the same for Jedidiah

It will.  You and his parents have a right to be proud of him too.

My son says the same thing you said. He went in as a skinny, long haired rock-n-roller, ready to screw around at the drop of a hat. He joined the Marines wanting what he called "the ultimate challenge".  Boot camp was very, very difficult for him.  Then we went to the ceremony at the completion of boot camp and I saw him coming up the aisle....my heart swelled with pride as I watched the man he had become go by.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)