• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 08:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

Who Says Dogs Don't Understand

Started by JR, July 25, 2013, 08:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

As some of you know my wife Patty has been sick. The best part of our day was when we walked the dogs. Patty has not walke with us for a while. Sampson  will not leave Patty side. He wont go on walks now. He thinks he has to stay with mom. We were setting out front today I was trying to get Patty to walk with us. I was not having any luck with it. Sampson went into the house and came back out with Pattys head band she wears when she walks he laid it down in her lap. She said well we have to go now. This has been the best day we have had in a long time. Just because of Sampson. Dogs understand everything.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

I have always thought that most dogs are pretty smart, especially when it comes to folks who aren't feeling well.  Good for the dog, getting Patty to take the walk.  I hope she can keep on.  Give Patty a hug from me and pet Sampson for me. 
Barb

Mugwump

Sadly, we'll never be able to love our dogs as much as they love, and adore us....it's their life...great dog, great story...and better result..he got her going... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

what a great story. Dogs do understand alot more than people think. How Is Patty doing? Tell her I said hi and I'm praying for her. 
Scott

PaulineMi

Patty and Sampson have such an awesome bond.  We are so lucky to have dogs like that in our lives.  While almost all dogs are special, in my experience the working/herding breeds connect in a way that goes right to the heart.

May Sampson continue to assist Patty on her road to recovery.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Patty is having a rough time she is very down. But I have the faith it will get better. You know I have had a many a GSD in my life. My parents had a pair of shepherds when I was born. I have never had a shepherd as loving and caring as Sampson. When he was young he was mean as hell.  Now he thinks his main job is to take care of Patty. He is just a great dog I am so proud of him. And by the way he took his mom for a walk today.

Mugwump

I love my Abby too. GSD's are so intuitive, they know what you need before you do sometimes. I'm not surprised that he's helping with Patti....he's on a mission to serve..Patti will benefit, and get better faster.....he'll will it so...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

JR

Thank you all for all the kind words.  Thank you Pauline we call him handsome Sampson

Mir

Awww, that is such a sweet story. And I think he is very handsome too! :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

LizStreithorst

Forgive me for taking so long to respond to this.  It's not that I haven't been following it.  I couldn't find the words.  I don't know that I have the words now...I have 10 dogs.  One has proven herself to be a true diamond.  She's the first diamond dog I have owned in 62 years of life.  Sampson is a diamond.  You know.  You've seen the evidence.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

Thank you Liz. He is a diamond. We are very lucky to have him.