• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:52:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 627
Total: 627

Bob, You have to call earlier

Started by sschind, March 30, 2013, 09:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

6:45 on a Friday night and you expect me to still be here.  Still, I appreciate the effort.  Despite the big GCCA on my calendar I somehow managed to miss registration for the swap on the 14th.  I also missed paying my sales tax, which was written right underneath it,  but I still have today and tomorrow to get that in.  I got in about 9:30 this morning and I am on the waiting list, I have no idea how many are in front of me.

Oh well, swaps 3 weekends in a row may have been a bit much anyway.  I'll just plan on selling everything in Milwaukee on the the 7th so I won't have anything left for the GCCA anyway.  If I don't get a table I may still ride along just to make sure you don't get lost.

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Rjb3

Mugwump

I read where the vendor registration sold out in 17 minutes.....cripes!!!!!....amazing
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I'm thinking of starting my own swap meet. Four times a year at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds. Maybe January and March, then September and November.

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

sschind

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on March 30, 2013, 02:25:17 PM
Where is this sales tax thing?

For my store, I need to send in the sales tax I collect every month.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Frank The Plumber

Oh yeah, I had to do that too, Chicago and the state, each. PIA.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 30, 2013, 01:59:22 PM
I'm thinking of starting my own swap meet. Four times a year at the DuPage Co. Fairgrounds. Maybe January and March, then September and November.

That would be nice.....you'd get a good draw in that area too...I'm in.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

bob, that would be great. it would be alot closer to me

Frank The Plumber

b125killer

Wow they sold out fast. That would be cool to start your own swap. How would you go about getting something like that going?
Scott

Rjb3

The plan will be: pick a day, rent the building, attract vendors, and attract buyers. Sounds easy, right? LOL