• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:19:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

convicts

Started by ilroost, February 24, 2013, 12:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

I'm sitting here looking into a 20 gal grow out tank full of them and i'm wondering why. lol

Mugwump

Well, you grow em out and sell them....then buy angels... ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Is this your first batch of fry?  Convicts are quite prolific so you may be staring in your tank a lot. Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

had lots of fry from these. just thought why not raise a few. now what to do with them?

BallAquatics

Are they real convicts or the pink ones?  I've found that if you have quality fish, you can sell just about anything on-line.

Dennis

BillT

Fun fish tricks:

I don't keep many cichlids but in college I had a 10 G tank in my dorm room with a convict in it. I trained it to jump out of the water and take flake food from my fingers. It was about 3" long and jumped about 5". I started holding the food at the surface and gradually moved it up.

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on February 24, 2013, 09:31:13 PM
Fun fish tricks:

I don't keep many cichlids but in college I had a 10 G tank in my dorm room with a convict in it. I trained it to jump out of the water and take flake food from my fingers. It was about 3" long and jumped about 5". I started holding the food at the surface and gradually moved it up.

LOL...get wet?.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

i had a small tank in high school i went to a boarding high school i had a pair of breeding dwarf gouramis that someone in the dorm killed but never admitted to killing

Ron Sower

What to do with convict fry?  Hmmmmm.....maybe food for angels?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

ilroost

I have a male jack dempsey and a festivum in the tank. They always get them, but i pulled a few to grow out just for the heck of it.
Now i have a bunch to give away. lol