• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 03:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 647
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 611
Total: 611

Only money

Started by ilroost, February 11, 2013, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Yesterday a girl on the local facebook fish forum posted she had a fish that was killing all her other fish. She wanted me to come get it. So off i go to get it. When i get there the fish is a young jag that she put in with some juvie african cichlids.
No wonder it was killing them!! She tells me she just bought $60 dollars worth of cichlids and this fish killed all but 1.
She only had 1 male demonsi left and couldn't afford to buy anymore.When i got home i couldn't get it out of my mind that she had only 1 fish in her 55 gal. tank. So i got to looking around the tanks here and fished out a breeding pair of saulosi and a couple of red zebras.
Went back to her house and surprized her with them. She was so happy i think i saw a tear in her eye.
Now does anyone know what the hell i'm going to do with this Jag.  lol

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on February 11, 2013, 07:22:51 PM
Yesterday a girl on the local facebook fish forum posted she had a fish that was killing all her other fish. She wanted me to come get it. So off i go to get it. When i get there the fish is a young jag that she put in with some juvie african cichlids.
No wonder it was killing them!! She tells me she just bought $60 dollars worth of cichlids and this fish killed all but 1.
She only had 1 male demonsi left and couldn't afford to buy anymore.When i got home i couldn't get it out of my mind that she had only 1 fish in her 55 gal. tank. So i got to looking around the tanks here and fished out a breeding pair of saulosi and a couple of red zebras.
Went back to her house and surprized her with them. She was so happy i think i saw a tear in her eye.
Now does anyone know what the hell i'm going to do with this Jag.  lol

You're my type of friend,sir....I've done sinilar things in the past. It just seems the right thing to do. I'm sure that she'll ' pay it forward'.... ;D
As for the Jag??....he'll fit in somewhere, I hope... ;D...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I'm so pleased to see that both of you have done these types of things. I've also performed RAOKs (Random Acts Of Kindness). In those moments of self-doubt it helps to remember how good it feels to give and to read posts like yours.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

That was nice of you. People on this forum have helped me alot and are inspirations to me. I always try to help when I can. It does give you a warm fuzzy feeling.   
Scott

shatanka

That was very kind of you to do that! You just made for some good kharma! I too love those random acts of kindness.

pashley

lol, sounds like me. i have a rescue jag, oscar, 2 jack dempsey's and a ctenapoma. the people were moving and were just gonna turn them loose and i said i would take them. i really am going to need the tank they are in so i will try to rehome them. the jag has literally tore up everything in my tank and made it his own.

ilroost

I know what you mean. the other jag i have owns the 90 gal tank all to hisself. I can't seem to get him to let me put anything in with him.
Just think of how many of those great angels of jon's i could put in there if i didn't have him!!
oh well i have grown to like him alot.If only he didn't keep trying to eat my fingers everytime i do a gravel vac.

P4Angels

this story reminds me why I love fish people so much... 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on February 14, 2013, 11:27:40 PM
this story reminds me why I love fish people so much...

Me too.....fish folks are good folks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson