• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:02:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 673
Total: 674

Math??

Started by Mugwump, May 15, 2016, 07:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....If you say the radius of a pizza is "z" and its thickness is "a" -- The
volume of the pizza will be calculated by pi*z*z*a.

Q: What do you get when you take the circumference of your jack-o-lantern and divide it by its diameter?
    A: Pumpkin Π
    Q: What is the first derivative of a cow?
    A: Prime Rib!

It was recently mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered is four times bigger than the previous largest prime? 😉

?I?ve heard that the government wants to put a tax on the mathematically ignorant. Funny, I thought that?s what the lottery was!? ? Gallagher

?A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn?t there.?? Charles Darwin

In a group of 23 people, there is about a 50% chance that 2 of the 23 will have the same birthday.

Everything you can do with a ruler and a compass you can do with the compass alone.

The equals sign (?=?) was in 1557 invented by Welsh mathematician Robert Recorde, who was fed up with writing ?is equal to? in his equations. He chose the two lines because ?no two things can be more equal?.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson