• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 01:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 635
Total: 635

Priorities

Started by LizStreithorst, May 15, 2016, 07:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

On my list are the fish room stands that the money is set aside for when I'm able to shame the carpenter to come build for me since he's put me off for so long, dirt hauled in and put in the carport and driveway and graded which I also have money for if I can find a dirt guy who will show up.  gauges for Charlotte,  valves for the fish room, a new oven,  and now another biggie...The damn horse that eats all my plants so I can't grow anything except garlic and flowering bulbs and walks in the house every morning, went to visit the neighbor's horses today.  They phoned me.  I went down for her and they met with her, halter in hand, half way.  She must have gone for a visit yesterday, too.  My best neighbors, their parents/in laws, visited them yesterday and said there were horse hoof prints all up and down their driveway ::)   I've been wanting to get the unfenced pasture fenced for years now.

I need to call Mr. Sharp first thing tomorrow and nag him in a big way.  I've been gentle up to now.  I have the name of a local dirt guy who does small jobs who I'll call tomorrow.  Once those jobs are done I'll know how much money I have left to use for the other things.  I'll have Mr Sharp give me an estimate on the fencing.  It's only a few acres.  I want a high tensile horse wire fence, not barbed.    I think that Charlotte's gauges are more important.  If something happened that made her new heart die I would have to shoot myself.  My current stove works.  It will do. I can keep replacing my crappy valves with more crappy valves until hell freezes over .

I guess this is the way it is with everyone.  We want/need more things than we can afford.  If we could afford those things. we'd want/need something more expensive.  Am I correct or am I an anomaly?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

No, you've said it pretty well actually....there so many things on our need list that we have to just tick em off one at a time, as the extra funds permit....alas, but what are extra funds?      huh huh huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'm with you guys on this one. Every time I get a couple of extra pennies it seems like something pops up that needs to be addressed financially.  wfwf

I am actually glad that I splurged on that 150 Tall when I did otherwise I wouldn't be able to get it right now. The fishroom budget is running a deficit. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.