• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 06:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 581
Total: 581

Ok..we bought the...

Started by Mugwump, May 07, 2016, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...rider mower  ;D.....it's been a while since we have had the John Deere 38", so this is a welcome tool......while we were at it, we got a new weed eater too.....now we're ready for years to come...yeppers... ;D |^| ;D

....even has a cup holder.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 07, 2016, 04:31:11 PM
Nice.

Thanx....we're pleased....mowing up the hill, etc was getting old, me too....twin blade/12.5 HP/6 speeds/shift on the fly.....it's pretty sweet...and....when we went back to get it, the price had dropped $100 too  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|....... ;D..that paid for the weed whacker.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

+1  Where's the photos???   huh

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 07, 2016, 04:46:29 PM
+1  Where's the photos???   huh

Dennis

They'll deliver it on Tuesday afternoon..... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Wow, that sounds great, and you got an unexpected bargain to boot!  I have a riding lawn mower but mine has 4 legs and walks into the house every morning to remind me it's time to feed her. She's old but has never used a drop of oil.  I still have to even the yard up a few times during the season though.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..the weed whacker works great!!!!...I put it together and we both tried it out along the fence.....we were covered in grass clippings too....LOL..

...but a nice hot shower, and a big bowl of ice cream w/chocolate syrup afterwards, has made up for it just fine... |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Good luck with your new toys. If I still lived in Elgin you could've help me out.  mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 07, 2016, 07:24:39 PM
Good luck with your new toys. If I still lived in Elgin you could've help me out.  mim mim mim

LOL...I can get a plow attachment too, but i'd need weights, etc.....$$$$$'s....so we'll just continue our looking for a nice snow blower...
Jon

LizStreithorst

What was it that made you sell the old one?  You were excited when you first bought it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2016, 08:22:12 PM
What was it that made you sell the old one?  You were excited when you first bought it.

The old one was a John Deere walk behind self propelled mower....and it worked ok, but was pretty old....little things started happening and I didn't want to spend on it to keep the thing running well, etc.....then again, we needed a good reliable mower....so a new rider just made sense....I do maintenance on our equipment religiously....so I can make this puppy last for 50yrs if need be... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Sorry, I was asking about the snow blower.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2016, 08:41:31 PM
Sorry, I was asking about the snow blower.

..The snow blower was a functional machine, but was made in the 80's....sold it for what I paid for it before I had to throw $$$'s at it...It was a well made Toro workhorse......the electric starter was beginning to wane....the guy that bought has one like it, says he can use it, and his other like machine and part out for either to keep it, at least one, going for years....he's a mechanic......

Even before I sold it, we'd decided to just a get a nice new(er) one now to have something reliable down the road for years....

... at this time such expenditures make sense while we still have some 'change' to spare.... ;D....aka tax returns... ;D

...I like to think of it as strategic planning??.... |^|.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I never get money back, but I'm still working and healthy, and now get SS.  I'm spending on durable things that will last as well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 08, 2016, 12:17:28 PM
I never get money back, but I'm still working and healthy, and now get SS.  I'm spending on durable things that will last as well.

+1.....yup.....buy good and make it last.....I bought my Jeep brand new, I was the only owner.....took care of it and drove it 23+yrs....I still would be driving it if the frame hadn't rusted out.....I miss the old girl.....sniff :'(
Jon