• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 442
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

DIY

Started by LizStreithorst, August 18, 2013, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Starting a new DIY project always fills me with dread.  I think that I have a fear of failing.  The hard thinking and worrying about a poor outcome is way overshadowed by the pride I take when it works.  I just now have two pretty easy projects going.  Well, three if you count the Discus spawn.   

Off to think about how best to set up and plumb my 20 unit air pump.  I can't add more tanks without more air. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 18, 2013, 01:34:24 PM
Off to think about how best to set up and plumb my 20 unit air pump.  I can't add more tanks without more air.

I love it...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It surprises me to hear that Liz.  From our acquaintance here on Mugwump's, I see you as a bright and independent gal who is up to almost any challenge.  Of course in reality, that's exactly what you are.  The doubts are just floating around in your head hidden from us.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

It's just the getting started part that's hard for me.  Once I get going on a project I have fun.

LizStreithorst

Very productive day so far today.  I did stuff by myself that I thought would require the help of a strong man.  I didn't have one around so I depended on my own resourcefulness.  I put the repaired 100 gallon in place.  It has fish swimming in it now.  With the extra tank space I was able to empty 2 100 gallon's on the top rack.  I have 3 100s on the top rack that were butted against each other.  They needed a bit of space between one another.  I was able to give them the space they needed.  I moved a stand that I was using as a work bench to the place where I'll be using it as a tank stand once again.  I'll put my 75 on the top and there will be room for another 100 gallon on the bottom should I be lucky enough to stumble on a cheap one.  Got a little more water plumbing to do before I can move the 75.  I'll be putting the 100 gallon that I had to repair twice :-[ in it's place.

Mugwump

Nice....you'll sleep good tonight  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I will pat myself on the back.  I finished that last bit of plumbing, moved the fish from the 75 into a 60, drained the 75, moved it to it's new home, filled it, and moved the fish back into it.  It's more than I expected I'd get done today.  I have some leaky air valves that I'd like to fix, but my thread tape is lost in the chaos.  (I'm not a tidy worker)  I'll find it tomorrow.  I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes.  I'm whupped anyway. 

Time for a glorious soak in the tub.  I have earned it.

BallAquatics

You're quite a gal Liz!  Where there's a will, there's a way....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Thank you, Dennis.  I wanted it.  I had no smart person or muscle man,  so I did it myself. 

I can't wait until I put the last 100 gallon in place.  I can't test it until Tuesday. Then it has to sit with water in at for a few days. I don't think I'll tackle putting it in place it until next week end.  In the mean time I'll do my least favorite part...tidy up the mess.

Barb

WAY TO GO LIZ, I knew you could do it!
Barb

PaulineMi

Awesome Liz.  How do you move those big tanks?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

The hundred I tipped to one side and kicked a 2X4 underneath, then tilted it to the other side and kicked the 2X4 in all the way.  Then I was able to get my fingers under it and get to where I wanted it to go.   It went on the lower rack which is only 6" off the ground.  Again I did one end at a time, and worked it in.  I couldn't have put the 100 on an upper rack by myself.  The 75 was easy because it is much much lighter.  I did the same thing but I didn't need to use a 2X4.  It went on the upper rack.

Moving the work bench/rack and the storage cabinet/work bench was hard, but I didn't have to worry because they're not made of glass.

PaulineMi

Good job.  I will remember about using a 2x4 .  Thanks.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

P4Angels

got any pic of it in place yet?
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...