• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 12:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 612
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 615
Total: 615

Tuesday the second day of 2024

Started by Ron Sower, January 02, 2024, 10:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello friends! I hope all of you are having a great start to 2024!

We've had a crazy busy few days. New Year's Eve was the dinner party. One couple couldn't make it because she was sick. But the 8 of us had a good time. We celebrated the east coast ball dropping at 10 our time because some guests just plain go to bed early! About 9pm a group of 3 friends came by and crashed our party. That'll teach me to keep the door locked!!!🤣🤣🤣

I was busy all day yesterday! I had 4 ppl come get fish and/or plants. None were repeaters, so I spent an average of 45 minutes with each. One brought the cutest little girl, I guess about 5 years old. Beautiful brown eyes and quick happy smile. I get a bunch of Hispanic background ppl here.  Why not...? Until the US acquired the Az area, it was Mexico! 😁 They are some cute little kids, and the families are close. Willie, I'll bet you have some cute little ones in your family. I also have a Russian lady who I sell to and trade with who has a beautiful tall teenage daughter that was battling anorexia. The Mother was at wits end (she's a nutritionist) and basically gave up her job to spend almost night and day to get her daughter out of that. Getting to know and hearing other ppl's stories is one of the reasons that I like doing what I do rather than selling on the internet and shipping to ppl I don't know at all.

Also, Mike brought about 200 fish in bags that I had to acclimate to their respective tanks. Got that all done.

We were planning on going to a sports grill and bar to watch the WA/TX game last night, but Lucy's got a cold and we stayed home. We don't have the ESPN channel so she kept up with it on her iPad. A lot of our ppl here have colds and/or pneumonia. I'm taking bunches of b-complex vitamins hoping to ward one off.

Today should be a bit slower. At this point I only have one person coming for fish. That will give me time to straighten up the fish room a bit. It needs it!🥴 I'm also trying to get rid of a bunch of aquariums, stuff, and gear. So I've moved a bunch of it to beside the door that ppl enter my house thru to remind me to point it out. It's working!😁

Dennis it's great that you are doing what you're doing.
Liz, I realize I do get the feeling of pride when we get our house cleaned up. I've been thinking about our Mugs a lot lately. Thanks for mentioning him.Even more so when I get the fish room back to clean...which lasts about a day!
Barb, it's really great you're getting to spend the time with your kids.
Willie, I was just remarking to Lucy how you have such a good relationship with you ex and your family. I know it takes work, and it pays off.
Greg, where are you and how are you?

I guess I've rambled long enough. Wishing all of our Muggers a very good 2024!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, friends.  I was ready to head to the feed store for Charlotte.  I got into the car and my purse was not there.  I looked in the house and it was not inside either.  The last place I paid for something yesterday at the supermarket in Ellisville.  I called.  I had left it there.  Only an old lady would do such a thing.  When I went there, they had it. My Discus sales money was still in there as were all my cards.  These things only happen in a small town.  Charlotte has her food paid, for by Discus and thanks to the kind people in
Ellisville.

I've started off the New Year with a bang!  A repeat customer just bought $500. worth of those silly black Rams of mine.  Discus sales are more difficult.  I have 2 spawns of different ages ready to go.  I'll put them up on Simply tomorrow.  If all else fails, their's always Aquabid.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Congratulations on finding your purse, Liz! I haven't been so fortunate. I misplaced my car key fob several weeks ago and still haven't located it. It has to be in the house somewhere. So old men are prone to these things too!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron