• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Happy New Year

Started by wsantia1, January 01, 2024, 05:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I want to wish everyone a healthy, prosperous and safe 2024. mim  mim  mim 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Happy New Year Willie!  It's cold and snowy here in Ohio.

Been spending most of my time lately in the shop resurrecting a bike I've had in storage for the past 30+ years.  It's a slow process but very rewarding in the end.  Doing the carburetors, (there are 6 of them), currently...

Hope everyone has a great New Years Day!!!

LizStreithorst

6 carbs!  That must be quite a bike!

Happy New Year everyone ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2024, 07:41:58 AM6 carbs!  That must be quite a bike!

That it is Liz.  Back in the late 70's Honda wanted to show off their engineering skills at building motorcycles.  The result was the 1979 CBX. 

Imagine this: six pistons pumping in rhythmic harmony, each cylinder displacing nearly 175cc. The magic of the CBX engine was about it's smooth, almost turbine-like power delivery. This wasn't the rough-and-tumble of V-twins; this was a concerto of combustion, conducted by Honda's finest engineers.

The numbers, though impressive, only tell part of the story. 105 horsepower – enough to launch you from 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. A quarter-mile in under 12 seconds. A top speed that flirted with 150+ mph. But it wasn't just about the raw numbers; it was about the experience. Twisting the throttle on a CBX was like unleashing a caged lion. The engine surged forward, a wave of power that pinned you to the seat, yet always felt controlled, predictable.

The secret sauce of the CBX engine lay in its innovative design. Dual overhead cams with four valves per cylinder, a first for production bikes, ensured optimal breathing and efficient combustion. The complex gear-driven camshaft system was a marvel of engineering, ensuring all those pistons danced their synchronized ballet.

I bought the bike new from Chris Miller's Honda of Springfield.  It's got 12996 miles on it and has been in storage since the fall of 1988.  At the time when I purchased it, I was racing for Honda and the mechanics and I did a bit of work to the bike and it would run almost 170 mph.  It is a rocket ship.  This second bout of cancer has got me fired up to get it running again and put some miles on it while I can.

wsantia1

That's a really nice bike Dennis. |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|  |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Thanks Willie.  I've been really happy with how it's cleaning up.  Was a little worried what shape it would be in after all these years.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 01, 2024, 01:16:24 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 01, 2024, 07:41:58 AM6 carbs!  That must be quite a bike!

That it is Liz.  Back in the late 70's Honda wanted to show off their engineering skills at building motorcycles.  The result was the 1979 CBX. 

Imagine this: six pistons pumping in rhythmic harmony, each cylinder displacing nearly 175cc. The magic of the CBX engine was about it's smooth, almost turbine-like power delivery. This wasn't the rough-and-tumble of V-twins; this was a concerto of combustion, conducted by Honda's finest engineers.

The numbers, though impressive, only tell part of the story. 105 horsepower – enough to launch you from 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds. A quarter-mile in under 12 seconds. A top speed that flirted with 150+ mph. But it wasn't just about the raw numbers; it was about the experience. Twisting the throttle on a CBX was like unleashing a caged lion. The engine surged forward, a wave of power that pinned you to the seat, yet always felt controlled, predictable.

The secret sauce of the CBX engine lay in its innovative design. Dual overhead cams with four valves per cylinder, a first for production bikes, ensured optimal breathing and efficient combustion. The complex gear-driven camshaft system was a marvel of engineering, ensuring all those pistons danced their synchronized ballet.

I bought the bike new from Chris Miller's Honda of Springfield.  It's got 12996 miles on it and has been in storage since the fall of 1988.  At the time when I purchased it, I was racing for Honda and the mechanics and I did a bit of work to the bike and it would run almost 170 mph.  It is a rocket ship.  This second bout of cancer has got me fired up to get it running again and put some miles on it while I can.

It's a rocket that's smooth as silk.  The way you describe it is poetic.  I bet you never thought of yourself as a poet, but you are...and you used to race motorcycles.  Who knew?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Wow! We learn something new about each other almost every day, Dennis! As I was reading your post and hadn't read Liz's reply yet, I was planning on writing pretty much what Liz said! You were writing so poetically. That shows the love and appreciation you have for the bike! Wax on, Keats!
Happy new year!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Thanks Liz & Ron.  The bike does hold a special place in my heart.  Just working on it brings back so many memories, can't wait until I get to ride it!

All my new bits and pieces to rebuild the carburetors showed up yesterday.  Off work until next Monday.....

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 03, 2024, 07:32:33 AMThanks Liz & Ron.  The bike does hold a special place in my heart.  Just working on it brings back so many memories, can't wait until I get to ride it!

All my new bits and pieces to rebuild the carburetors showed up yesterday.  Off work until next Monday.....

I'll bet it's like when I seen or get neon tetras!  Or dark blue delta tail guppies! They bring back so many good memories to me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron