• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 01:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 593
Total: 593

Happy New Years Eve!

Started by Barb, December 31, 2023, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi friends! Let me wish you all a wonderful 2024 about to begin!  I am visiting my kids, one night in each home. Last night we 5 went to a Turkish restaurant in Chapel Hill, near UNC campus.  Now I can add another coutry

Happy New Years Eve my friends!  Hoping 2024 will be a good year for us all.  The end of 2023 has been hard for me, but I am optimistic about 2024.  Had Turkish food for dinner last night with my kids and spouses.  A very nice evening and I can add another country's food to my list of world foods I have had.  It was OK, but quite spicy and expensive.  I ate lamb, even though I vowed not to ever eat a lamb.  You all be careful tonight!  Talk to you next year!
Barb

.s

LizStreithorst

Happy New Year's Eve Barb, Willie, Ron, Dennis, Greg, and whoever else remembers Mug as fondly as we do.

It has taken me 2 days to get over 3 days of cleaning and a few hours with fish friends.  It's so nice to have a clean house and a clean fishroom at the same time.  I didn't hurt my back, I don't think, I was just tired out from all the work I did, but not too tired to make split pea soup for me, and cut up beef heart and shell shrimp to make fish food.

Today I ground the beef heart and shrimp up in my electric meat grinder I bought used on E-Bay.  It's on a sheet pan in the freezer to get frozen enough to slice into cubes.  Then I came down to the fish room and did the biggest finest WC on every tank in the fishroom I have ever done.  All that's left is to put the clean sheets on the bed.

Barb, the folks who visited are Karen and Greg Wilson.  They were interested in buying domestically bred fish.  When they were here last time, they decided they wanted fry from my best pair, then fixed my laptop for me.  Then, my best pair went on strike for months.  They finally got the fry they had been waiting so long for.  It was Greg who gave me the 2 hearts.  They're good folks.
Always move forward. Never look back.