• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Foggy Friday Morning

Started by wsantia1, March 18, 2022, 06:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The day is starting out really foggy with very low visibility but when the fog lifts we will be in for a great one. It will be a sunny day with a high temp hitting 75 degrees. This is my kind of weather.

I did get a few things done in the fishroom yesterday and in addition to water changes I tackled a couple of my bottom row tanks (6) for deep cleaning.

I hate the bottom row tanks because I have to bend and get down on my knees. Two things that don't come easily for me. I am very satisfied with what I did to them but I have another 4 more bottom tanks to do so I better get the knee pads out once again.

I am waiting for this fog to lift before I drive down to the park. It's pretty dangerous to do that now. After I finish my morning walk I will get busy in the fishroom once again.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie.  It was foggy this morning here, too.  We had one hell of a rain overnight but it's sunny and warm (albeit very humid) now.

I've been to the feed store for the horse and chickens, the drug store for my Tramadol, and the hardware store for PVC fittings for the air manifold that was a gift from a friend on Simply.

I've got a funny chicken story.  When I got the day old chicks I limited them to their house and small yard.  That meant that I had to get an outdoor feeder for my big hens.  I was very happy with the one I bought.  It held a full 50 lbs sack of laying pellets but didn't let rain get in.  Suddenly I found the chickens eating a ton of feed.  I figured they must be having help.  So the other night when I was in bed awake and all the dogs were in bed with me asleep, I grabbed a flash light and had a look outside the window.  I have been feeding a family of 5 racoons!  The automatic waterer was right next to the feeder so they could wash their little racoon hands while they eat, as they like to do.  It was so cute, but I can't let it continue.  Despite eating me out of house and home a coon will snag a chicken dinner if they can. 

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi gang!....

78 here right now and I think it will hit 80 today with  sunny skies so far...

I got plants in yesterday and today...they fill up my 125s but hopefully most will go out tonight...the Aponogeton crispus are beautiful...!

Lucy's shopping and I'm going to work one some dragonstone and wood creations...

Willie you're getting some of our type of weather...wonderful! 8) 8) 8)

There is a dance at the clubhouse we're going to tonight... at least for a couple hours...

See ya!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Have fun at the dance, Ron.  I usually start seeds but I didn't this year.  I'll buy a couple of 'mater plants, a bell pepper and a zucchini plant that I can share with my snots and shrimp.

The red shrimp I got from Ken and Twee where the highest quality reds I have ever seen.  They looked great rummaging around in the tank I had set up just for them.  The next morning most were dead.  I could have told the fish store and they'd get a credit for the dead ones and get me replacements but I didn't.  The die off was my fault, I just didn't know it. 

The first thing I did was visit Fishlore which is a very active forum where they discuss things about everything aquatic.  I read something that said that shrimp don't do well in a new tank.  There is something in an already going tank that they need.  I believe that it's true because when I moved my yellows from the grooming room to their newly set up tank in the fish room I lost many of them.  Thank god I had tons and the ones that are left are making babies all over the place.

I've put several Mystery Snails in their tank.  I'll wait a couple of weeks and buy another 24.  These reds were so dark red that even their legs are red.  I'm determined to breed these fancy high class Reds.

BTW, my yellows from Willie are also outstanding.  They are BIG shrimp.  My blues are good but small.  They make up for it by being very prolific.
Always move forward. Never look back.