• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 10:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,356
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 720
Total: 721

Cubs vs Met's

Started by Mugwump, October 16, 2015, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...this series starts tomorrow.............hold on to your hats folks..... w!w
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Well it's do or die night.....the youngsters have had a nice season this year...and they'll be around for many more too....but winning the next four is stretching it.....Met's just have better pitching...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's not important enough to light a candle for them.  Besides, I have one burning for someone more important.  I wouldn't want to test God's patience.  My fingers will be crossed for them, though.  Imagine the celebration we would see.  "Back to the Future" will have made a correct prediction.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 21, 2015, 05:56:53 PM
It's not important enough to light a candle for them.  Besides, I have one burning for someone more important.  I wouldn't want to test God's patience.  My fingers will be crossed for them, though.  Imagine the celebration we would see.  "Back to the Future" will have made a correct prediction.

I know, think if they did win the next four, and then went on to win the series..................WOW !!!!.....

Speaking of which.....have you ever seen the 'The Hallelujah Trail ' ??   Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick, Jim Hutton, Donald Pleasence....

As the winter of 1867 approaches, Denver inhabitants led by chronic drunk Oracle Jones (Donald Pleasence), who has visions when inebriated, realize with horror that their supply of whiskey will run out before the snows melt. Oracle devises a plan to bring cases of whiskey from a distillery, but is thwarted at every turn. A temperance leader (Lee Remick), three Sioux Indians, and the U.S. Cavalry become interested in the shipment, and a sandstorm and quicksand add to the difficulties.

It's hilarious......'visions'.....LOL

Jon

LizStreithorst

No.  I will watch it now.  What a terrible plight...out of booze and can't get more mim
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 21, 2015, 06:22:35 PM
No.  I will watch it now.  What a terrible plight...out of booze and can't get more mim

I think a young Clint Eastwood sings 'Maria'....
Jon