• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 04:59:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 810
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 806
Total: 806

Very tasty

Started by BallAquatics, May 02, 2015, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Oldest grandson is here for the weekend.  Going to the club auction with me tomorrow, but today we went out back and hunted mushrooms.....

What can I say, the kid has great eyesight!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

..very nice.....cook that young lad a nice juicy steak.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Morels of that size are rare as far as I know. Wow....and yummy!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

I've only got about a quarter acre of woods but it typically produces a nice mess of mushrooms every year.   ;D ;D ;D

I'll probably fry up half and put the other half in some pasta sauce.

Dennis

b125killer

Wow, them are nice and big.
Scott

LizStreithorst

They don't grow here down south.  I understand that their flavor is unique and wonderful.  How do you prepare them?
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 02, 2015, 07:25:36 PM
How do you prepare them?

Liz, you can cook them just like other mushrooms.  When I fry them, I split them down the middle and fill the pan with a single layer.  They will generate quite a bit of liquid so you don't want to crowd them.  As the liquid is just about gone, I add butter and crisp them up on the edges.  YUM  YUM

Went out and found another dozen last night!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

ilroost

What time is dinner? lol

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on May 07, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
What time is dinner? lol

LOL...they'll be gone before we get there..... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson