• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 06:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 822
Total: 822

PISSING AND SHITTING

Started by LizStreithorst, May 01, 2016, 06:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Fatty Kate has taken to pissing and shitting in the house.  She has no excuse.  I have pet doors and during the warm months the front door is always wide open.  She's 11 years old but shows no signs of dementia.  She's actually quite fit for a fat girl.  She's worthless but kind.  She sleeps under the covers all night pressing her fat body against mine so it's not that she can't hold it.

I thought that I could solve any dog problem but this has me at a loss.  If I lock her outside I deprive all the other dogs of free access to the out of doors, so I can't do that.  I have to go to town tomorrow.  I'll stop at the shop and pick up a nice big wire crate I have there but never use.  I'll have to crate her while she's inside and hope that she gets the message.  I can tolerate a lot but I can't tolerate shit and piss all over my house.  If anyone has any suggestions my ears are wide open.  I don't want to have her PTS but if she doesn't stop this I will be a hard hearted bitch and have the deed done.  She has the perfect life here.  Why is she doing this?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2016, 06:37:32 PM
Fatty Kate has taken to pissing and shitting in the house.  She has no excuse.  I have pet doors and during the warm months the front door is always wide open.  She's 11 years old but shows no signs of dementia.  She's actually quite fit for a fat girl.  She's worthless but kind.  She sleeps under the covers all night pressing her fat body against mine so it's not that she can't hold it.

I thought that I could solve any dog problem but this has me at a loss.  If I lock her outside I deprive all the other dogs of free access to the out of doors, so I can't do that.  I have to go to town tomorrow.  I'll stop at the shop and pick up a nice big wire crate I have there but never use.  I'll have to crate her while she's inside and hope that she gets the message.  I can tolerate a lot but I can't tolerate shit and piss all over my house.  If anyone has any suggestions my ears are wide open.  I don't want to have her PTS but if she doesn't stop this I will be a hard hearted bitch and have the deed done.  She has the perfect life here.  Why is she doing this?

..who knows?....diet change?...spite over something?....or just lazy?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No diet change.  No change at all that I can think of.  I boost her fat ass on the bed every night so I can't believe that she is miffed.  This happened a few times during the winter months and I excused it because she's so fat she has to squeeze through the pet door.  It's a very tight squeeze.  The Chow can do it.  The Basset/Sharpei crosses can. the dobie mix can do it but Kate really has to squeeze although she can do it.  If a month of crate training doesn't work it'll be off to the happy hunting grounds, and I'm not talking about the 125 at the shop. 

This is the culprit.  She's a harmless kind hearted thing.

Mugwump

...make the little door a bit bigger??....it might be hurting her to squeeze through the smallish( to her) opening...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Techno-fix:

You can get pet doors that only work for pets that carry something like an RFID tag (read wirelessly).
Tag the other dogs. She might still get in if she follows another dog though.
Looks like the prices go from $30-180:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pet+door+ID&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Mugwump

Quote from: BillT on May 01, 2016, 07:45:07 PM
Techno-fix:

You can get pat doors that only work for pets that carry something like an RFID tag (read wirelessly).
Tag the other dogs. She might still get in if she follows another dog though.
Looks like the prices go from $30-180:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pet+door+ID&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/18942527[/vimeo]
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mug, my front door is always open.  The dogs just walk through the hanging screen door http://www.bugoffscreen.com/  I want larger pet doors for the winter months not just because of Kate but to make it easier on my large dogs who are also getting old.   I have to wait for MR. Sharp to get here.  I gave him a break and didn't nag him last week.  I'll call and nag him tomorrow.  I'm still waiting on having the fish stands built ::)

Bill, I've used those doors when my husband had show cats that weren't allowed outside.  They can be defeated by both cats and dogs.   I've had accidents with collars and seen deaths due to them.  My dogs don't wear them.  They are all microchiped instead.  The Spay/neuter clinic did it for cheap and my dogs don't wander off my property, anyway.

I've washed all the throw rugs and dog beds.  Nothing will be put back on the floor until I get the crate from the shop to stick Kate in unless I'm keeping an eye on her.  I hate putting a dog in prison.  Heck, it's the reason I don't board dogs.  It hurts my heart to stick dogs in a cage.  In this case I have no choice.  It shouldn't be too hard on Kate.  She's pretty lazy.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

..so how's the crate therapy going?
Jon

LizStreithorst

She holds in while she's in the crate while I'm a work. When I get home I shoo her outside and she pees and poos.  But she'll pee on a rug or a dog bed between then and bed time if I leave her loose in the house.  She holds it all night in bed.  I don't think it's a physical problem but I made an appointment at the vet for Monday morning.

She doesn't mind the crate and she's getting more attention now than she was before.  Lots of "good girl's" and pets when she does right. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 04, 2016, 12:44:17 PM
She holds in while she's in the crate while I'm a work. When I get home I shoo her outside and she pees and poos.  But she'll pee on a rug or a dog bed between then and bed time if I leave her loose in the house.  She holds it all night in bed.  I don't think it's a physical problem but I made an appointment at the vet for Monday morning.

She doesn't mind the crate and she's getting more attention now than she was before.  Lots of "good girl's" and pets when she does right.

..food maybe ?...
Jon

LizStreithorst

I just canceled my appointment with the vet,  I've been watching this dog and everything she does.  She doesn't mess in her crate.  See holds it all night long while we're in bed.  She shows no symptoms of dementia.  She's just fat and lazy and it's easiest for her to shit and piss in the house.  Crate training will work for her.  I have to make her go out twice in the afternoon.  I try to make it fun by peeing outside myself and making a fuss over her.  I also have to take her out a second time in the morning  before work otherwise she will find a throw rug to pee on.  She doesn't like it outside if it's cool, or damp, of windy.  She's just a fat lazy dog who shits and pisses in the most comfortable place. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 05, 2016, 04:26:47 PM
I just canceled my appointment with the vet,  I've been watching this dog and everything she does.  She doesn't mess in her crate.  See holds it all night long while we're in bed.  She shows no symptoms of dementia.  She's just fat and lazy and it's easiest for her to shit and piss in the house.  Crate training will work for her.  I have to make her go out twice in the afternoon.  I try to make it fun by peeing outside myself and making a fuss over her.  I also have to take her out a second time in the morning  before work otherwise she will find a throw rug to pee on.  She doesn't like it outside if it's cool, or damp, of windy.  She's just a fat lazy dog who shits and pisses in the most comfortable place.

..I can almost visualize your making it fun for her.......almost....LOLOLOLOLOLOL....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Shoot, what's the big deal?  You guys can whip it out and pee on a tree in the privacy of a secluded place.  All we ladies have to do is pull down our britches and squat.  It's not like we do it in the middle of town.  It helps the stupid lazy dog to get the message. 

I don't know how Kate will do Saturday.  She'll be in the crate all day long because I'm leaving early to go a goat show to show my favorite best friend's goats.  If she messes up in her crate it will because she has no choice and I will forgive her.

LizStreithorst

Guess what?  I haven't seen any poo in the house since the day after I discovered who the culprit was.  I saw that last pee on a dog bed 4 days ago.  It was a huge pee.  The bed was actually dripping!  I know that they say that dogs don't get the message unless you catch them in the act, but that is not always true.  I was angry.  I showed Kate the dripping bed and told her that this was not acceptable in a strong hard voice.   She ran into the cage and I locked her in.  I let her out and we peed outside before bed time.  Then she went back to the cage.  She stayed there all night and the next morning after we peed outside together she went back in the cage! 

I told her that I would not lock her up but I expected not to see pee in the house when I got home from work.  She has not peed inside since.  I still invite her outside to pee with me when I need to pee.  She knows what I mean when I say, "Kate, lets go pee."  She happily heads for the door and we pee.  I think that the dog just needed more attention.  I always boost her fat ass on the bed so she can sleep with me.  I thought that was enough but it was not.  She was dissatisfied.  She wanted training.  Training is attention.