• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

Da puppies...

Started by Mugwump, August 11, 2016, 12:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

We're going over again next week to check their personalities.....and make our pick  |^|...pudgy little things...LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 11, 2016, 12:37:08 PM
We're going over again next week to check their personalities.....and make our pick  |^|...pudgy little things...LOL

That's a good looking bunch there. A lot to sort through. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

wallace

With easy access to the fire hydrant...
Dan

Mugwump

..yes there is...but only 5 females.....we definitely want a female.....we really like the pup in the first pic....it might, or might not be 'Sassy' from our initial trip there....they have certainly changed a lot.....Jan looks for temperament/personality....I look at the eyes first....Abbie had the softest eyes, full of expression....I miss her....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If you set them up and take a pic of each I can tell you the one with the best conformation.  I could do better if I saw each one moving, although hip problem don't reveal themselves until the dog has severall years on it.  I can't tell about temperament because I'm not there with the pups.

I think I know dogs, but when I get my next dog it will be one from the pound that looks right to me and looks at me with the kind of expression.  I am over purebreds for myself.  Mutts make just as good dogs as long as the dog and I connect.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2016, 12:59:23 PM
If you set them up and take a pic of each I can tell you the one with the best conformation.  I could do better if I saw each one moving, although hip problem don't reveal themselves until the dog has severall years on it.  I can't tell about temperament because I'm not there with the pups.

I think I know dogs, but when I get my next dog it will be one from the pound that looks right to me and looks at me with the kind of expression.  I am over purebreds for myself.  Mutts make just as good dogs as long as the dog and I connect.

....all the dogs look good.....we'll just take our chances with which ever one we finally choose...we've always just gone with out hearts.....but there is no history of problems with either parents lines....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 11, 2016, 12:54:34 PM
..yes there is...but only 5 females.....we definitely want a female.....we really like the pup in the first pic....it might, or might not be 'Sassy' from our initial trip there....they have certainly changed a lot.....Jan looks for temperament/personality....I look at the eyes first....Abbie had the softest eyes, full of expression....I miss her....

I know you do. She was a sweet dog.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I go with my heart when it comes to dogs as well. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

We have always had mutts and they have been great. Our old ranch dog died, smartest dog I ever had, and so we recently got an expensive purebred type that is supposed to protect goats. We are starting to find puddles in out of the way corners of the house. Put him outside for two hours and he will walk right in the door and do it in the house.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on August 11, 2016, 01:54:48 PM
We have always had mutts and they have been great. Our old ranch dog died, smartest dog I ever had, and so we recently got an expensive purebred type that is supposed to protect goats. We are starting to find puddles in out of the way corners of the house. Put him outside for two hours and he will walk right in the door and do it in the house.

...try peeing out there with him....he'll catch on......what kind of dog?....can't be a heeler.....
Jon

wallace

Its an Anatolian Shepherd. I don't know much about dog breeds, my wife keeps goats and we lost two of them to dog attacks, which was awful.

I will try the peeing trick. It doesn't sound too complicated.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon