• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 517
Total: 519

Most folks have normal birds...

Started by Mugwump, November 18, 2015, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...but, oh no not us.....while most birds prefer a perch.....not our boy Igor....nope...he must think he's seal with a beach ball ???...maybe I'll toss him a fish as a reward ???.......

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Like father, like son?  Seems like it to me.  He's a real goof.  I don't know how you manage to stop playing with him even though he is not an appropriate shitter ;)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Might have been a Seal in a prior life.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Second Hand Pat

What a cutie Jon...love birds. Currently have an African grey but have had budgies, cockatials, crows etc.
Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

PaulineMi

Igor is soooo cute.  It's obvious he's totally tame because he stays in such a vulnerable position with you close by. That makes a bird so much fun.  |^|
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 19, 2015, 08:51:50 AM
Igor is soooo cute.  It's obvious he's totally tame because he stays in such a vulnerable position with you close by. That makes a bird so much fun.  |^|
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 18, 2015, 06:33:37 PM
Might have been a Seal in a prior life.

LOL......makes ya wonder,  huh

Quote from: Second Hand Pat on November 19, 2015, 07:56:32 AM
What a cutie Jon...love birds. Currently have an African grey but have had budgies, cockatials, crows etc.

Thanks Pat, he is a character.....we treat all our Pets as family, and they respond accordingly...I think they know our daily routines better than we do sometimes ?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 19, 2015, 08:51:50 AM

Pauline, last night we found him with his head in a TP tube standing in the corner sleeping.... huh  I asked him if the light was too bright...LOL...I flipped the light off and he shook the tube off his head and muttered something like 'thank you'....LOL....

When he gets to jabbering like Popeye, I ask him 'what'?....now he responds 'what?'....LOL.....when we pass through we'll say 'hello'..and now he answers 'hello'......he's expanding his vocabulary much quicker than we expected for only being a bit over 3mos old....I guess it's time to watch what we say, huh ??
Jon

Second Hand Pat

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 08:53:12 AM
Thanks Pat, he is a character.....we treat all our Pets as family, and they respond accordingly...I think they know our daily routines better than we do sometimes ?....

He sounds like a total character especially at only three months of age. Was he a hand raised baby Jon? Our little grey says hello with we walk into the door, hungry when we walk into the kitchen. He calls our daughter who as long since grown up, the dogs and the cat. He corrects the dogs when they bark...truly is a little hoot.
Pat

Mugwump

Quote from: Second Hand Pat on November 19, 2015, 09:29:30 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 08:53:12 AM

He sounds like a total character especially at only three months of age. Was he a hand raised baby Jon? Our little grey says hello with we walk into the door, hungry when we walk into the kitchen. He calls our daughter who as long since grown up, the dogs and the cat. He corrects the dogs when they bark...truly is a little hoot.
Pat

There was a guy up north of us in Rockford who was trying to sell him quickly as he had to leave town. Jan saw about it on a bird site, and offered to foster the little guy (3wks old) as she is familiar with the feeding of the bird young. So when he couldn't sell him, he took Jan up on her offer. We didn't intend to keep him. He was selling him for $300.....well when he returned, he didn't get in touch with her right away....then called and just offered to sell him to her for $75.....well sure. why not....LOL...we'd already bonded with him and fell for his lovable antics....so Igor the nut found his new home....'poifect'.....

So yes, he was hand tamed here....
Jon

Second Hand Pat

Nice to see him end up with you guys. Was he a special type of budgie, $300 sounds a bit much?
Pat

Mugwump

Quote from: Second Hand Pat on November 19, 2015, 11:51:28 AM
Nice to see him end up with you guys. Was he a special type of budgie, $300 sounds a bit much?
Pat

He's a blue Quaker......only other bird that might talk more is the African grey's.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 12:06:58 PM
He's a blue Quaker......only other bird that might talk more is the African grey's.....

Does he talk more than a Tweety bird Jon  LOL

https://youtu.be/EykJCbu8jZw

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on November 19, 2015, 12:12:19 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2015, 12:06:58 PM

Does he talk more than a Tweety bird Jon  LOL

https://youtu.be/EykJCbu8jZw

Dennis

Much clearer, that's for sure....LOL...his vocabulary is limited now, but as grows and learns more....we're in for those surprise moments when he says something 'off key'..LOL...like where did he learn that word from..??... huh huh huh....almost like having a toddler around again... ;D
Jon

Second Hand Pat

It will be like having a toddler around for as long as you have him. I totally missed he was a Quaker. The greens ones are wild here now.
Pat