• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:19:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 764
Total: 764

TV 'Bob'...

Started by Mugwump, March 20, 2017, 10:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Hundreds attend Rockford Fish Swap

By Taylor Utzig
Connect
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 11:36 PM CST

ROCKFORD (WREX) -

More than 300 people stopped by the Forest Hills Lodge on Sunday to check out the second-ever Rockford Fish Swap.

The event featured more than 20 vendors selling all things aquarium, from used tanks to tropical fish.

Organizers say the swap isn't just for fish experts. Anyone who's looking to start their own tank is encouraged to stop in.

"You come in with all the fish that you breed, you come in with your fish food. I make fish food, so I sell my fish food. You might have used equipment that you're no longer using, so it's an avenue to recycle that used stuff to someone else," said event organizer Bob Borger.

The next Rockford Fish Swap is scheduled for this September.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

WOW! You guys are famous.  Keep up the good work.  I hope you made enough profit to make it worth while.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 20, 2017, 10:27:26 AM
WOW! You guys are famous.  Keep up the good work.  I hope you made enough profit to make it worth while.

...most of the funds go towards the next swap....but if we can get keep getting good attendance, and the folks asking for vendor tables show up....we should hold our our own pretty good..getting these things started isn't cheap...LOL....but it sure is fun  |^|

...the TV interview is 'solid gold'.....we should see more folks showing up for the fall event.. |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Boy it must have been a REEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY slow news day in Rockford.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on March 20, 2017, 02:16:24 PM
Boy it must have been a REEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY slow news day in Rockford.

..say what?....Capt'n Bob's a celebrity ya know....undefined 'celeb'....but a celebrity ;D......LOL...
Jon

LizStreithorst

Don't be snotty, Dale.  Publicity good.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 20, 2017, 05:03:42 PM
Don't be snotty, Dale.  Publicity good.

Dale was there when it all went down.....LOL....it was great !!
Jon

wsantia1

It sounds like very positive news going forward. Great job guys. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.