• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 07:57:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,342
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 607
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Great guacamole

Started by LizStreithorst, October 03, 2016, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

If you love guacamole but have never made it yourself try this.  It's easy and perfect.  I found the recipe on the internet but have modified it.

2 T minced onion
1/s t kosher salt. 
Put them in a small bowl and mash them together with a fork to almost make a paste of it.

1/4 c cilantro divided
2 avacados chopped
juice of 1/2 a lime or a whole lime if get a non juicy one

Add 1/2 of the cilantro to the salt/onion mixture, mash it some more. and mix it with a fork
Throw in all the other ingredients and mix them well.

Stick it in the fridge to cool.  If you don't put a piece of saran wrap in on top of the guacamole the avacodo will turn brown.  I don't think it would hurt to eat the brown, but it's not pretty.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 03, 2016, 05:45:29 PM
If you love guacamole but have never made it yourself try this.  It's easy and perfect.  I found the recipe on the internet but have modified it.

2 T minced onion
1/s t kosher salt. 
Put them in a small bowl and mash them together with a fork to almost make a paste of it.

1/4 c cilantro divided
2 avacados chopped
juice of 1/2 a lime or a whole lime if get a non juicy one

Add 1/2 of the cilantro to the salt/onion mixture, mash it some more. and mix it with a fork
Throw in all the other ingredients and mix them well.

Stick it in the fridge to cool.  If you don't put a piece of saran wrap in on top of the guacamole the avacodo will turn brown.  I don't think it would hurt to eat the brown, but it's not pretty.

...that's pretty close to what I remember my Mom making for guacamole....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...ever grow a seed out?....Jan and I grew one about 6' tall....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

No.  They won't make fruit this far north.  It would be a waste of time.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 03, 2016, 06:08:15 PM
No.  They won't make fruit this far north.  It would be a waste of time.

We grew it a big planter in the front room by the window......in Illinois....LOL....the dark skinned ones....we actually got 1-2 avacados... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 03, 2016, 06:36:25 PM
Dang!

...grow one in your fish room....what better water can ya get?...
Jon

LizStreithorst

In a big pot, slam in the middle of my fish room with a light hung from the ceiling?  I could do it, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 03, 2016, 07:06:35 PM
In a big pot, slam in the middle of my fish room with a light hung from the ceiling?  I could do it, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

you can put it by a window, out of the way....it'll be fun.....you'll enjoy watching it grow....it's a pretty tree..
Jon