• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 11:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 587
Total: 587

Piss poor shipping (not live fish)

Started by LizStreithorst, August 20, 2015, 06:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Monday I put in an order for Prohibit (a Levamasol wormer) to Jeffers Vet supply in Dothan AL.  I used to show my goats in Dothan.  It's about a 5 hr drive from my house.   Back when I had livestock I ordered from them all the time and my stuff arrived in 2 days.   This time UPS sent my order to Georgia, then to Tennessee where UPS gave it to USPS where it has been sitting since yesterday.  Delivery is set for next Monday. 

I sent them an email stating that this was unacceptable.  I wonder if I'll get a response?
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

If they used that UPS Sure Post that's the cheapest and slowest shipping there is. They give it to the USPS as bulk mail where it gets handled when there is nothing else to do. Was it free shipping? FedEx Smart Post is basically the same thing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It wasn't free but it was the least expensive option, about $5.00.  To their credit they responded to my complaint right away which I didn't expect.  I thanked them for their fast reply in which they said that if I wanted if faster I should have paid more for faster shipping.  I said that I could have 'bout walked to Dothan and back in a week's time and asked them to forward my compliant to someone higher up.

It's not like this is a matter of life and death, I just found it annoying and felt the need to bitch to them and to y'all.  I'm over it now. 
Always move forward. Never look back.