• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 02:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 565
Total: 565

More Beast

Started by LizStreithorst, August 17, 2015, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The sex of machines

All are female
1 (14.3%)
All are male
0 (0%)
It depends on the personality of the machine
5 (71.4%)
Other, with your reasoning, please
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 20, 2015, 03:37:06 PM

LizStreithorst

I'm sorry that I have no other place to vent my frustrations. 

I just looked up The Beast's value on Kelly Blue book.  After Mr Berkin gets him healthy he will only be worth $4.000.  I bought him new for $30,000 back in '99.  I know that it was a long time ago but I figured that he'd be worth at least six grand.  I feel lost.  I may keep him.  I don't know what to look for that is worth as much he is in good working order that is small.  I sure do wish that JR were still here :'(
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2015, 02:42:16 PM

I just looked up The Beast's value on Kelly Blue book.  After Mr Berkin gets him healthy he will only be worth $4.000.  I bought him new for $30,000 back in '99.  I know that it was a long time ago but I figured that he'd be worth at least six grand.  I feel lost.  I may keep him.  I don't know what to look for that is worth as much he is in good working order that is small.  I sure do wish that JR were still here :'(

me too....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 17, 2015, 02:42:16 PM

Me three.

You're putting money into her. Keep her for yourself. That's what I thought you were going to do in the other thread.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

I will keep him at least for now.  I've got him all spiffed up and looking proud.  He will be a delight to drive once he's healthy again.  BTW,  The Beast is male and should be referred to as "he".

GraphicGr8s

All machines are always "she".
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

LizStreithorst

GraphicGr8s

Tis a fact I am afraid.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Liz, don't act in haste.  If it were me, I would offer it for sale at what you think it should go for. Who knows, someone may want it so badly they will pay almost what you ask.  You can always lower the price later on.  First, try for your price for awhile.
Barb

BallAquatics

That's great advise Barb.  You obviously love the van, he's not costing you anything, and you have a brand spanking new carport to park him in so what's to loose!

Dennis

BillT

Poll reply:
Mostly I would say depends on the personality of the machine (male vs. female).
However, some machines are just too simple to deserve genderification.
There behavior is non-complex and and uninteresting.

GraphicGr8s

But most machines are temperamental, ornery, moody, don't work when you really need them to and leave you stranded. Then they squawk at you but never tell you what they want. You have to have the right touch or they just sit there. And if they do run they mope along until they get their way.  Just like a woman.

LizStreithorst

Men are different?  You must be either deluded or believing in stereotypes.  Whether human or machine gender depends on the individual =;-)

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on August 17, 2015, 06:25:11 PM
But most machines are temperamental, ornery, moody, don't work when you really need them to and leave you stranded. Then they squawk at you but never tell you what they want. You have to have the right touch or they just sit there. And if they do run they mope along until their got their way.  Just like a woman.

Jon