• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:42:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Local events...??

Started by Mugwump, August 16, 2015, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The Dekalb Cornfest is coming up here soon. It's the first weekend after all the students come back to N I U for the fall semester. On the Saturday morn;n they give away free buttered sweet corn for as long as it lasts. last year they gave away over 35,000 ears..... 8)
So if you're near the area...come and get it...

Anybody got some good town events, fairs, etc. going on around where you live...??....almost every town in this area will have something..last weekend was Genoa, Cortland this weekend, etc.....good food..good fun....folks we're talking BBQ ribs, chicken, and grilled pork chops, Sheboygan beer brats, yada yada....MMMMmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Eugene just crowned their new Slug Queen last week.
This is a kind of local joke event, based upon the wide spread presence of slugs, some of which can get to be about 6 inches long.
The slug quen is a guy this time.

I am pushing for it to be changed to a snail queen. In the last 5-10 years around here the climate has dried enough that I rarely see any slugs around here anymore. They seem to have been replaced with snails which I am guessing are more resistant to drying out.

GraphicGr8s

Nothing much going on down here. Little G starts 1st grade on the 24th
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

County fairs have come and gone.....  kids start school on Wednesday.

But it's only 21 days till.....  OSU at Virginia Tech Hokies, Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VA 

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Our State fair starts in late October.  I always go so I can show my friend's dairy goats for him.  There is more to it than you might imagine.  It's one of the many things that I am excellent at doing that makes me no money ::)  I love it because I am so good at it.  The judges appreciate an animal shown to it's best advantage.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Our state fair, in Raleigh, is mid Oct, and about 3 hrs.  away.  We hope Bill will be well enough for me to drive us there and he can ride his scooter all around the fair.  About the same time are several seafood festivals on the coast, and a Chili fest. in a nearby town.  Our city has the huge Mum fest in Oct also.  Oct is a very busy month in North Carolina!
Barb

wsantia1

The pope comes to Philly in September. It's about 40 minutes from me. It's going to be a mad house. I will watch it on TV.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 17, 2015, 07:55:55 PM
The pope comes to Philly in September. It's about 40 minutes from me. It's going to be a mad house. I will watch it on TV.

He's just coming for the sandwich.... 8)...smart guy
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson