• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 575
Total: 575

Regional 'C' priority boxes...

Started by Mugwump, August 11, 2015, 10:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[....Willie was right...  I've been shipping them with the cost of the most expensive large flat rate box....and I was wrong  :-[....but I've gone through over (3) cases of 'C' boxes doing it 'my' way....  Seems I should use the business priority rate for them. It's only a couple bucks more, so no big deal.....Joe, the friendliest, nicest, most helpful PO clerk I've met caught it....he was a little embarrassed too.....we laughed and added the extra bucks to bring us in line with the rest of the USPS.. ;D

Joe has a tank too..a 20 gal...he's raising Jap Blue guppies, with L144 blue eyed bn's as a cleanup crew, all which I brought over for him to tinker with...he's hooked now  ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You can still ship anywhere in the country using that box and the cost is reasonable.  I found out the hard way not to ship to the west coast using one.  40. plus bucks and I quoted the guy $25.  Ouch!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2015, 12:22:13 PM
You can still ship anywhere in the country using that box and the cost is reasonable.  I found out the hard way not to ship to the west coast using one.  40. plus bucks and I quoted the guy $25.  Ouch!

I have shipped to the west coast.... ;D..same guy, Luis.....but I only paid $15.80... ;D.....next time I'll do it right tho...................thanx, Willie  ;D I'm on the straight and narrow now... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 11, 2015, 12:25:17 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2015, 12:22:13 PM

I have shipped to the west coast.... ;D..same guy, Luis.....but I only paid $15.80... ;D.....next time I'll do it right tho...................thanx, Willie  ;D I'm on the straight and narrow now... ;D

It's a great deal for me if I stay within a certain distance. Liz is right about the west coast. So far I haven't shipped that far. BTW I learned about the Regional Cs from Liz. Thanks Liz.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Then I need to thank you both.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

,,,because like Joe said....'it's only a matter of time before one's returned because of it'......
Jon

wsantia1

It only takes that one person to make a dumb decision. That would be a disaster. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.