• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 06:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 579
Total: 579

Song in my head....

Started by Mugwump, August 10, 2015, 06:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

BallAquatics

Lord, I just can't abide by that rip-off Skynyrd band   >:(  >:(  >:(

The one and only...

https://youtu.be/aN65Xux5FYQ

Dennis

Mugwump

..'rip off'.....I think not....

"Outlaws founding member Hughie Thomasson told :

I wrote that song in St Augustine, Florida. We went to a cookout on the beach and everybody forgot to bring their guitars. I was standing by the ocean and there was a breeze and the words kept coming to me. It?s about all the rock stars I liked that died had come back and were playing a show just for me. Like Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison. And eventually more of course."

Thomasson wrote many of the songs for the Outlaws, including most of their more popular songs like "Hurry Sundown", "There Goes Another Love Song," and "Green Grass and High Tides". Although other band members (especially Henry Paul in the early 70's lineup) contributed songs and sang lead vocals as well, Hughie was, in many ways, the real heart and soul of the Outlaws. After Outlaws disbanded, Thomasson joined Lynyrd Skynyrd, leaving that band in 2005 to reform Outlaws. Before his death he contributed to writing of many of Lynyrd Skynyrd's songs on their 2009 album God & Guns, including the single "Still Unbroken."
Jon

BallAquatics

The Simple Man video is the Skynyrd rip-off band.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 08:24:57 AM
The Simple Man video is the Skynyrd rip-off band.

Dennis

Oh...ok....after four of em died, I'm guessing the band, as is now, will always be a rip off band....but they do alright on a few tunes....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 10, 2015, 08:28:47 AM
Oh...ok....after four of em died.....

I figure that's a big part of how they get to call themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd too.  It is Ronnie's little brother singing and I've seen them sometimes have Ed King or Gary Rossington in a video, but it just gets my goat for some reason.

I love 'Southern Rock' and have NO problem with the Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Marshal Tucker, etc.  I have most of their work on vinyl.  E-Bay is a wonderful place to pick-up first rate original vinyl for very good prices.  Speaking of which, did you get that old console turntable freed up yet?

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 08:39:22 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 10, 2015, 08:28:47 AM
Oh...ok....after four of em died.....

I figure that's a big part of how they get to call themselves Lynyrd Skynyrd too.  It is Ronnie's little brother singing and I've seen them sometimes have Ed King or Gary Rossington in a video, but it just gets my goat for some reason.

I love 'Southern Rock' and have NO problem with the Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Marshal Tucker, etc.  I have most of their work on vinyl.  E-Bay is a wonderful place to pick-up first rate original vinyl for very good prices.  Speaking of which, did you get that old console turntable freed up yet?

Dennis

I'm waiting for son #3 to come over....he has much more nimble fingers than I...... ;D....but I guess I should just wing it?...it doesn't work now, so no loss if I screw it up....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 08:16:16 AM
Lord, I just can't abide by that rip-off Skynyrd band   >:(  >:(  >:(

The one and only...

https://youtu.be/aN65Xux5FYQ

Dennis

This was a great listen while I did some work here! Thanks Dennis and Mugs!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were