• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:13:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 603
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 599
Total: 599

Deny Americans the Right to Know ? or DARK ? Act

Started by BallAquatics, July 29, 2015, 10:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Welcome to the land of the brave and home of the free.....

Last week, the House of Representatives passed what is being called the Deny Americans the Right to Know ? or DARK ? Act. This bill would make it effectively impossible for America to enact the same kind of mandatory GMO labeling that exists in 64 other nations ? and it would overturn existing GMO labeling laws in states like Vermont, Connecticut and Maine.

Click the link below to sign the petition to try and stop this nonsense:
http://signforgood.com/stopthedarkact/?code=SP&sp_ref=138559349.278.14948.o.1.2

Dennis

Mugwump

...so much for voting for what the people want, huh?.....sad
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

The sad part is that the good people of this great nation just put up with it.....  We need some of the 60's hippies that knew, alone they could make a difference, but together they could change the world.

Dennis

GraphicGr8s

I would venture to guess this is one area that political party matters not. I want to know where my stuff comes from. Just look at the crap <<sic>> going on with crops from Mexico
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BallAquatics

I would venture to say there a multitude of areas where political party matters not.  Simple problems that need to be addressed for the betterment of US citizens.  It's not rocket science, it's political BS that keeps us from moving forward.

Dennis

BillT

QuoteI would venture to say there a multitude of areas where political party matters not.  Simple problems that need to be addressed for the betterment of US citizens.  It's not rocket science, it's political BS that keeps us from moving forward.

Yes!

BallAquatics

The more I think about this, the more aggravated I become.  Just fired off an email to my Senator the Honorable Sherrod Brown.  He puts out a pretty good newsletter.....

Dennis

Rjb3

Ever seen Food Inc? It will knock your socks off.

Some of these people sent big guys in Chevy Suburbans with blacked out windows to greet the farmers. Unless I misinterpreted that part . . . . . . .

big b

I'm in. I want to know what I'm eating. If I care is up to me,probably not, but I still want to know!! I'm signing the petition. Heck, if I do something that makes obama not able to do something else then I'm happy  ;).

Mugwump

Quote from: big b on July 31, 2015, 07:24:31 AM
I'm in. I want to know what I'm eating. If I care is up to me,probably not, but I still want to know!! I'm signing the petition. Heck, if I do something that makes obama not able to do something else then I'm happy  ;).

Obama???.....nope...this is basically a Congressional thingy......Monsanto lobbyists are everywhere...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I think that GMO's are a bad thing for this country. We can manage without them.  I'd avoid them if they were labeled.  My biggest gripe is with "Round-up Ready" seeds.  No weeds can survive to invite butterflies or any other insect.  It encourages mono cropping when a bit of diversity is good for the environment.   I do not believe that GMO's are detrimental to my health.  I'd GMO's a pass in countries are struggling to feed their starving people.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon