• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 04:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 780
Total: 780

Cold water change...

Started by Mugwump, December 04, 2013, 02:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...then boomba..the LF cory's went off everywhere on the glass.....got lots this time.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I followed your lead Jon.....

About 3 times this many on the other end of the tank!!!

Dennis

Mugwump

LOL.........I feed heavy protein/blood worms/Capt'n Bob's #40 pellet, for a few days........Then a cold water change ...sets em off most the time

Nice spawn...cool..don't clean the fussies, and mulm out, from your hatching vessel....there's always more chowing in the junk,,,,LOL....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Congrats to both of you.

Super photos Dennis.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Rjb3

When I spawned lots of Cory catfish I would add water that was ten degrees cooler. They did back flips.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on December 06, 2013, 07:08:05 PM
When I spawned lots of Cory catfish I would add water that was ten degrees cooler. They did back flips.

yeppers...get the females bellies colored up a nice magenta,  keep feeding them good...cold water change and boomba....off they go...LOL
Jon

ilroost

Thats what i need for my community tank. Cories are one fish i never have kept

BallAquatics

Thank you Pauline.  I'm hoping to get photos every day until they hatch.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 06, 2013, 07:44:32 PM
Thank you Pauline.  I'm hoping to get photos every day until they hatch.

Dennis

yes, thanks, Pauline.....but camera's aren't my specialty, Dennis has me covered too, tho ...and he does it well ;D
Jon

BillT

Nice close-ups Dennis.
What kind of camera/lens are you using?

BallAquatics

Thanks Bill.  Just the standard lens on my Cannon S3 IS.  It has a "Super" macro setting for getting super close-up shots.  I have a 200mm macro lens that I sometimes use too.  I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what it produces.

As my eye sight goes, I find it harder and harder to focus the camera for super clear shots.  Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Well here's today's photos shot with the macro lens.....

I don't notice much of a change in the last 24 hours.   :(

Dennis

Mugwump

Over here, we've had about 25-30 hatched already... ;D
Jon

b125killer

Congrats to both of you guys. Dennis the pictures are amazing.
Scott

BallAquatics

Thanks Scott.  I'm running a couple days behind Jon.....  Here's a day old fry resting on a single strand of java moss.

Same fry in the video version.....

Dennis