• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 01:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 496
Total: 496

Filled the 150 gallon...

Started by Mugwump, April 13, 2015, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Might toss a couple heaters in there tomorrow?....just to get an idea off heating time, and over night cool down without heat...(I'll turn em off)...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Colder weather and high winds have slowed this project down a bit. I did toss in the Lloydiella to float around...and I've ordered Water lettuce and Hyacinth from Mark to provide top cover....I'll pot the Lloydiella then....it'll look nice and be functional.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Are the temps for the next few nights predicted to be in the 20s out your way...like they are here? Wondering if your Lloydiella will be okay when it's that cold.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 22, 2015, 08:25:01 AM
Are the temps for the next few nights predicted to be in the 20s out your way...like they are here? Wondering if your Lloydiella will be okay when it's that cold.

it's in the tank, lots of aeration, so it should be ok??....30's again tonight...we'll see.....but you're right. I may bring it inside....I believe that I will now that you mentioned it....thanks....
Jon

Mugwump

There...I just went and moved it back down stairs to a 55..... ;D....why chance it...when I can move it....
Jon

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on April 22, 2015, 08:39:49 AM
Lucky Lloydiella.   ;D

LOL...yes...and lucky that you thought of it too.....thanks.. ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 22, 2015, 04:54:31 PM
Smart move.

Yes, it was....the plants perked right floating under the LED lights....angel fry love em too....but as soon as it warms up again, back out they go....I think that I'll pot them this time...and float the others, of course... 8)
Jon

Mugwump

..getting some sun algae in the 150 now.....a good healthy tank... ;D...no for warmer weather to arrive.....YES !
Jon

Ron Sower

Any mosquito larvae yet...wrigglers? My 55 sitting out back is loaded with them. Hope the neighbors don't find out!!!! I need to get a few fish in it to feed on them...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 26, 2015, 11:59:22 AM
Any mosquito larvae yet...wrigglers? My 55 sitting out back is loaded with them. Hope the neighbors don't find out!!!! I need to get a few fish in it to feed on them...

....water's moving too much....plus not warm enough yet outside for the little B%^&**d's.... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

I've got three 5 gallon buckets going here.  Very cool mornings makes it easy to catch them......  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Man, I wish I could raise mosquito larvae.  I set up containers for them to breed in but the frogs took them over and I decided that I like the frogs better.  I need to get the right kind of hardware cloth and set up new mosquito cultures that the mosquito's can get in to but the froggies cannot.  They're a great live food and they're free!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

uh oh.....algae bloom.... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o......LOL
Jon