• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 504
Total: 504

TGIF

Started by LizStreithorst, May 28, 2021, 01:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Not that any of us retired folks care...

We have a good chance of thorms this afternoon.  I sure hope it happens.  Watering will keep things alive but nothing beats water from the Almighty.

I'll be doing the Memorial day holiday a day early.  I've got baby back ribs in the oven smoking while tented in foil to keep the the smoke from the hickory chips in the foil.  No, it's not as good as ribs from a real smoker but it's still good.  I just need to make the coleslaw to go with it now.  The slaw will be pretty with both green and red cabbage.  I fresh light compliment to the meat.

Willie, I'm so happy for you that you finally got rain.  I hope you get more.  Anything related to cannabis is illegal here in Mississippi.  It's a bible belt thing that will change eventually.  Probably after I'm dead.

Ron, you sure sound happy except for your damned knees.  It's important to deal with a surgeon you trust.  You're exactly right about the age thing with doctors.  Too young they don't have enough experience.  To old and they quit keeping up with new procedures.  Knee replacement is more difficult than hip replacement but one of my veterinarians had both of her done and she has full mobility and no pain.  I'm wishing the same for you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, your meal sounds great!  I would definitely enjoy ribs and slaw.  Vegetarians just don't know what they are missing.  Too bad for them.  Today is day 3 of almost 100 degree temp.  All that rain the other day is long gone.  I dug in my garden, no moisture at all.  It came down so hard and fast that I bet a lot of that water just ran off the land before it could soak in.   :(
I may take a beach drive on Monday, but not go to any beach.  Too crowded and the parking lots will be full.  I will just enjoy the drive by the water.  You all have a good rest of the day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good evening Liz, Barb and everyone. I am waiting for some Thorms now. We are supposed to get rain through Sunday with cooler temps.

The rain hasn't started yet but it will tonight. Our current temp is 63 degrees. Monday will be a beautiful day with a high temp of 72 and partly sunny skies.

I am going to a neighbor's house on Sunday for a cookout. They are new neighbors and love to do cookouts. It should be nice but I will look for an excuse to leave early because there will be some people at the get together that I am not crazy about.

It's been a busy day here trying to get this place together for out of town guests coming through next week. I've got a lot of work to do.

I hope everyone that needs it get plenty of rain and those that don't send it this way.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 28, 2021, 01:45:35 PM
Not that any of us retired folks care...

We have a good chance of thorms this afternoon.  I sure hope it happens.  Watering will keep things alive but nothing beats water from the Almighty.

I'll be doing the Memorial day holiday a day early.  I've got baby back ribs in the oven smoking while tented in foil to keep the the smoke from the hickory chips in the foil.  No, it's not as good as ribs from a real smoker but it's still good.  I just need to make the coleslaw to go with it now.  The slaw will be pretty with both green and red cabbage.  I fresh light compliment to the meat.

Willie, I'm so happy for you that you finally got rain.  I hope you get more.  Anything related to cannabis is illegal here in Mississippi.  It's a bible belt thing that will change eventually.  Probably after I'm dead.

Ron, you sure sound happy except for your damned knees.  It's important to deal with a surgeon you trust.  You're exactly right about the age thing with doctors.  Too young they don't have enough experience.  To old and they quit keeping up with new procedures.  Knee replacement is more difficult than hip replacement but one of my veterinarians had both of her done and she has full mobility and no pain.  I'm wishing the same for you.

...thank you, Liz...Yes I sure do feel better about this guy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 28, 2021, 04:50:53 PM
Good evening Liz, Barb and everyone. I am waiting for some Thorms now. We are supposed to get rain through Sunday with cooler temps.

The rain hasn't started yet but it will tonight. Our current temp is 63 degrees. Monday will be a beautiful day with a high temp of 72 and partly sunny skies.

I am going to a neighbor's house on Sunday for a cookout. They are new neighbors and love to do cookouts. It should be nice but I will look for an excuse to leave early because there will be some people at the get together that I am not crazy about.

It's been a busy day here trying to get this place together for out of town guests coming through next week. I've got a lot of work to do.

I hope everyone that needs it get plenty of rain and those that don't send it this way.
...Smart move, Willie!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...it was a good day for us here!...glad you guys seemed to have good one too... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron