• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 08:21:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,349
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 749
Total: 750

a Chilly Wednesday

Started by Mugwump, October 25, 2017, 05:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good......very good...MMmmmm

....34deg's out there now and we might see 50degs..... huh,,,,

..a few errands this morning ...then ?....who knows  huh

...really need more coffee now...... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...oh.....and we got a nice frost too......but with all the rain we've had I'll need to do a quick mow when the weather clears....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

The coffee is great this morning. It's a pretty seasonal morning and highs are projected in the mid 60s. Got some running around to do this afternoon so I need to get my putzing in early.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

..89 here now...gonna get up to about 93 today...wind is pretty steady and probably will be breaking the tumbleweeds loose soon....

...yesterday got all our clothes washed from the trip and today is catch up on paying bills, getting all the new and renewal GSAS membership cards out, getting all our rental property business affairs in order and going to the PO and bank...gotta get some pool time in as well... mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 25, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
..89 here now...gonna get up to about 93 today...wind is pretty steady and probably will be breaking the tumbleweeds loose soon....

...yesterday got all our clothes washed from the trip and today is catch up on paying bills, getting all the new and renewal GSAS membership cards out, getting all our rental property business affairs in order and going to the PO and bank...gotta get some pool time in as well... mim

..so how do the plants and fish look....?
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2017, 02:08:14 PM

...small killie tank: noticed a well developed juvie I'd not seen before...same size and species as I discovered in my little shrimp tank...they've turned out to be red-chins, so eggs must have hitch-hiked on some hornwort I transferred from the red-chin tank to the shrimp tank... :D

...the 54g was overgrown as expected, but more algae than I wanted to see...for half of yesterday I trimmed and pulled plants and it's only halfway decent looking, in my opinion...the fish are fine...the Congo tets are really shiny iridescent now, just beautiful...

...can't remember if i wrote that i had all my fish and plants double bagged and in a sealed styro fish shipping box to check on SW Airlines to come home Thursday and they wouldn't let me check the box...they said they won't ship live animals...!! >:( >:( >:(...Stan took them home and sent them by USPS and I should get them tomorrow...Hope the little fish make it :-\...i know the plants will... |^|  i want some of the plants for trade/auction at the AAPE meeting this coming sunday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 25, 2017, 02:31:47 PM

...small killie tank: noticed a well developed juvie I'd not seen before...same size and species as I discovered in my little shrimp tank...they've turned out to be red-chins, so eggs must have hitch-hiked on some hornwort I transferred from the red-chin tank to the shrimp tank... :D

...the 54g was overgrown as expected, but more algae than I wanted to see...for half of yesterday I trimmed and pulled plants and it's only halfway decent looking, in my opinion...the fish are fine...the Congo tets are really shiny iridescent now, just beautiful...

...can't remember if i wrote that i had all my fish and plants double bagged and in a sealed styro fish shipping box to check on SW Airlines to come home Thursday and they wouldn't let me check the box...they said they won't ship live animals...!! >:( >:( >:(...Stan took them home and sent them by USPS and I should get them tomorrow...Hope the little fish make it :-\...i know the plants will... |^|  i want some of the plants for trade/auction at the AAPE meeting this coming sunday...

...could be just the ticket agent......maybe call SW and clarify it............I had a UPS clerk tell me one time that they didn't ship live fish......I asked for a Supervisor, and he straightened the young lady out...weird.....
Jon

waterboy

I'll bet if USPS ships the box via SW that there would be no question about it getting on.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 25, 2017, 04:25:14 PM
I'll bet if USPS ships the box via SW that there would be no question about it getting on.

...yup..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

...could be just the ticket agent......maybe call SW and clarify it............I had a UPS clerk tell me one time that they didn't ship live fish......I asked for a Supervisor, and he straightened the young lady out...weird.....

...good idea...I'll call SW and find out more...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 26, 2017, 01:06:49 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 25, 2017, 02:46:31 PM

...good idea...I'll call SW and find out more...
...Well, I got a call from the PO this morning making sure I was going to be here to deliver the box of fish and plants...I was...they came...they delivered...I opened the box fully expecting the fish to be dead...AND THEY WERE ALL ALIVE AND ACTIVE.....!!!! |^| ;D |^| 8) |^| ;D...YAHOOOOO, YIPEEEEEEEE, WAHOOOOO, HURAAAAAAY....! My most concern was for the Panda Cories...4 of them...the 2 Cardinal Tets looked okay too...one is swimming with the little school of Green Fire Tetras...haven't seen the other one lately...hope she's okay....

...and of course the plants came through okay...there is a beautiful large Madagascar Lace Plant i found at the LFS when I went to get the styro box...had to pick it up for my friend King Mah who just purchased a 600g tank!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...I could live in a 600 gallon....... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2017, 05:58:05 PM
...I could live in a 600 gallon....... |^|

...I don't know about living in it,,,but I could sleep in it!.... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron